- 2009 vw rabbit s used automatic fwd hatchback rebuildable rebuilder salvage!!(US $5,999.99)
- (US $3,500.00)
- Volkswagon rabbit diesel, diesel, rabbit, vw rabbit(US $2,750.00)
- 2006 volkswagen rabbit hb automatic alloys 2.5l(US $8,990.00)
- 1982 volkswagen caddy 1.9l diesel
- 1982 vw rabbit truck ls diesel a/c no rust, no wrecks, runs good lots of extras
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit pickup, biodiesel conversion, 5 speed standard(US $7,500.00)
- 1980 volkswagen vw rabbit diesel 4 speed great body runs and drives project a/c
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit diesel truck
- 1982 vw rabbit diesel(US $6,500.00)
- 1981 vw rabbit lx diesel pickup
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit 2.5 hatchback 2-door 2.5l
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit 2.5 hatchback 4-door 2.5l
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit! 5-speed! no reserve! 1-owner! clean car! no accidents!
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit 2.5 hatchback 4-door 2.5l
- Mk1 rabbit gti wolfsburg diesel edition(US $2,500.00)
- Rabbit s carfax certified 50+pictures navigation msw black wheels automatic+more
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit pickup caddy diesel
- 1980 vw rabbit with 2.0 aba engine(US $999.00)
- 1982, vw rabbit convertible, 5 speed manual
- 1980 volkswagen rabbit pickup
- 2009 volkswagen rabbit s hatchback 2-door 2.5l(US $11,950.00)
- 2008 volkswagen rabbit s automatic 2-door hatchback(US $9,990.00)
- 1981 rabbit with turbo diesel caddy pickup(US $2,500.00)
- Vw rabbit pickup diesel 84k original miles
- 78 vw rabbit c
- 1978 volkswagen rabbit l diesel 1.6l hatchback 2 door 83387 auctual miles
- 1982 caddy vw rabbit pick up diesel 1.6
- 2008 rabbit s used 2.5l i5 20v manual fwd hatchback
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit 2.5 hatchback 4-door 2.5l(US $8,500.00)
- 1982 volkswagen rabbit diesel
- 82 vw pickup diesel
- 1984 volkswagen rabbit diesel
- '84 gti - poor man's porsche
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit diesel 4-door hatch mk1 vw 5-speed(US $5,200.00)
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit 2.5 hatchback 4-door 2.5l
- 1980 volkswagen rabbit 4dr 1.6td turbo diesel restored w/coil overs and exhaust
- 2009 volkswagen rabbit gti civic cheap new cheap on gas fast sporty spacious(US $9,000.00)
- 1982 white, vw rabbit convertible, 5 speed manual, runs
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit caddy 1.6l diesel truck 5 speed manual(US $7,500.00)
- 07 2 door automatic power cloth hatch black alloy coupe economic - no reserve
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit ls deluxe hatchback 2-door 1.6l diesel(US $4,750.00)
- 1983 volkswagen rabbit gti hatchback 2-door 1.8l
- 2008 volkswagen rabbit s hatchback 2-door 2.5l(US $11,000.00)
- 2008 vw rabbit 2.5 certified pre-owned cpo w volkswagon warranty red 49k miles
- Vw rabbit, 1980 mk1(US $3,300.00)
- 1982 vw rabbit diesel *low miles* volkswagen classic 50 mpg nice shape
- 1982 "black tie" vw rabbit caddy pickup 188k recaro georgia 1.6l diesel 5spd nr!
- 1981 vw rabbit diesel caddy pickup; patina; split window & factory ac
- 1984 volkswagen rabbit gti hatchback 2-door 1.8l - manual transmission 5 speed
- 1983 vw rabbit gti
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit l diesel 2-door 1.6l showroom condition! immaculate!!!(US $3,900.00)
- 1983 white wolfsburg diesel runs excel 50 mpg just broken in!
- 78 vw rabbit c
- 2008 volkswagen rabbit 2dr hatchback vw new jersey
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit l diesel hatchback 2-door 1.6l(US $4,500.00)
- 1984 volkswagen rabbit gti hatchback 2-door many performance modifications(US $3,000.00)
- 1984 volkswagen rabbit gti rally race car
- 1981 volkswagen rabbit diesel pickup truck
- 2007 volkswagen rabbit 2.5 hatchback 4-door 2.5l(US $5,500.00)
Volkswagen Rabbit Price Analytics
About Volkswagen Rabbit
Auto blogWed, 24 Jul 2013 14:31:00 EST
J.D. Power has just revealed the results of its 2013 APEAL Study, which looks at which brands have the most appealing cars based on sales figures, dealer inventory, brand loyalty, transaction and trade-in prices. The study was revamped for 2013, and places a larger focus on the new tech and infotainment options available to customers. All told, study participants gauged their vehicles on 77 different attributes, delivering a score out of a 1,000 points.
The Volkswagen Group had the greatest success of any corporation, topping the APEAL rankings with the Audi Allroad, Porsche Boxster, Porsche Cayenne, VW GTI and Passat. Chevrolet had the highest number of awards for a single brand, though, with the Avalanche, Sonic and Volt all taking home a prize.
The best brand overall was Porsche, which scored 884 out of a possible 1,000 points. The top Japanese brand was Lexus with a score of 847, while the top American brand was Cadillac, at 841. The best mainstream brand was Ram, which received a very respectable 817. The industry average for this year's study was 795, with 16 brands, all of which were mainstream, falling below the average.
A keen angler recently went to Polish tuner Carlex Design (the same folks who did that steampunk Mini Countryman a while back) for a revamp of his Volkswagen Multivan. What resulted is perhaps the most striking - yet fishing-unfriendly - interior we've ever seen in a van. Below the shoulder line, if a surface isn't covered in cross-stitched Alcantara, then it's covered in cross-stitched leather. Even the steering wheel airbag boss. And the seat supports. And the cupholders.
The brown hue of the Multivan's interior is called Criollo, named for an especially fine specimen of cocoa. The finishing touch on the overhaul is a fileting knife that Carlex made for the owner. We imagine he'll use the knife for the marine life, but keep his van far away from it.
Part of the Volkswagen Golf recipe that has helped the car sell more than 30 million units in just under 40 years is the number of variants in which the hatchback is offered. Building on that range here in the US, Automotive News is reporting that we will finally be getting the sporty Golf GTD, likely as a 2016 model. It's the GTD, you'll recall, that crosses the performance abilities of the venerable GTI with a powerful and fuel-efficient diesel engine.
After speaking with Andreas Valbuena, Volkswagen product manager for the Golf, AN not only says that the GTD will for sale in the US in a couple years, it also estimates a baseline price of around $27,000, which would place it between the current pricing for the GTI and the Golf R. The GTD is launching in Europe this summer, but we won't be getting the seventh-generation Golf in the US for another year. The news about the performance diesel model isn't entirely unexpected - VW officials have been hinting at it for at least a year now, going so far as to import a sixth-generation model for media test drives on US soil, a task we happily took them up on last year.
The Mk VII GTD uses VW's 2.0-liter TDI engine with output increased to 184 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque, allowing the car to sprint to 60 miles per hour in about seven seconds while returning more than 40 mpg in highway driving. We can't wait.
Volkswagen showed six conceptual takes on its Up at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, one of those being the Up Buggy. Although few will probably remember it, VW has not forgotten it, applying for a patent for the Meyers Manx revival roadster way back in March 2012 and being approved in June of this year, according to a report in Autocar. That will give the automaker a 14-year lock on the design while it decides whether to move forward with a reboot of its past.
A patent doesn't mean the Up Buggy will ever move beyond the sheet-of-paper stage, but Autocar says VW is studying the market to see if a production version is feasible. We can't see North America ever getting it, but even so, we wouldn't complain if they made it - especially if they put an exposed engine in back that was set off by 18-inch-long twin tailpipes jutting straight up into the air. However, for a company that aims to be the world's number-one automaker by 2018, a niche vehicle for its mass-market brand would be a surprising use of resources.
Enthusiasts like nothing more than to crucify modern interpretations of their favorite performance models for failing to live up to some imagined ethos. Even the Volkswagen GTI has suffered its fair share of slings and arrows for growing in size and curb weight. Chris Harris recently spent some time with the all-new MK VII GTI to find out if growing up means giving up on what makes the machine so special.
Judging by his comments, Harris certainly doesn't think so. Yes, the new GTI is considerably more comfortable than its predecessors, but that's hardly a bad thing. The multitude of driving modes actually seem to add depth to the car rather than simply try to force one tool to do many jobs, and Harris even finds the machine's electronic power steering tolerable. As a result, Harris goes so far as to call the Volkswagen GTI "one of the best cars to actually own." How's that for high praise? You can watch the video for yourself by scrolling below.
Volkswagen has petitioned the FIA to hold on to the current specifications for cars in the World Rally Championship, according to Autosport.com. The move is evidently an effort to keep as many competitors in the sport as possible, despite the fact that using the current spec racers may actually hurt Volkswagen's chances at winning. The three factory teams currently competing in the WRC are at the end of a three-year homologation cycle at the end of 2013, and new cars are expected to bow next year. But developing new racers could cost as much as $4.7 million.
That price tag would put M-Sport (which fields Ford racers) out of the WRC game for 2014 and would put Citroën participation in question as well. VW has already begun work on the next iteration of its Polo R WRC, and the hatch has nabbed four wins in six rounds this season. Now it appears that car won't bow until at least 2015. The FIA has officially agreed to freeze homologation of new WRC cars until the end of next season.
In August, 2009, as the scuttled merger of Porsche and Volkswagen had gone bad and Porsche was backed up against the ropes, Porsche Automobil Holding SE (PAHSE) relinquished a ten-percent stake in itself to Qatar Holdings as well as options it held on 17 percent of VW shares. The sale meant that, for the first time since the founding of the company 61 years before, an entity outside the Porsche and Piech families had a say in the running of PAHSE.
Buying that ten-percent stake back returns full ownership to the two families, the holding company's sole possession being ownership of 50.7 percent of VW's common shares. The price paid wasn't disclosed, but at market rates the purchase would be worth close to $1.25 billion. Qatar intends to hold onto the 17-percent stake it has in Volkswagen.
According to Automotive News, automakers are expected to manufacture 16 million light vehicles in North America in 2013. That's up 500,000 units from last year and marks the largest number since 2002. The prediction comes courtesy of LMC Automotive and IHS Automotive, which point to the improving US economy as a bellwether for total production. LMC Automotive says North America will produce 16 million vehicles while IHS has a slightly more optimistic forecast of 16.1 million units. A total of seven automakers are slated to increase production on the continent this year. Nissan is set to see the largest jump at 20 percent over last year.
Volkswagen, meanwhile, is one of the only manufacturers predicted to scale back production. Analysts expect the German company's output to fall by 23 percent to 170,000 units, thanks in part to slow demand for the Volkswagen Passat and Jetta.
There are plenty of things to love about the Mk1 Volkswgen Golf. The machine's horsepower isn't one of them. From the factory, the little hatch cranked a breathy 112 horsepower from the most robust form of its 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine. Boba motoring, however, has taken that figure and multiplied it by a factor of nearly 10. If 1,000 horsepower sounds terrifying in a machine with a wheelbase of just 94.5 inches, it should. A massive Garrett GTX4202R turbo force-feeds the little mill through a tweaked 16-valve KR head. The crew calls the beast the 16Vampir, and we think that's fitting.
Of course, we'd wager you quit reading right about the time you set your eyes on that headline. Those of you who've stuck around this long can point yourselves below to see the maniacal creation in action. You won't be disappointed.
It hasn't been without incident or union organizing drive, but the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, TN has built its 250,000 Passat in just a little over two years. The Night Blue Passat TDI with black leather has come just two years and five weeks after the first customer car came off the line on April 18, 2011.
In the last year the plant operated at the 150,000-unit capacity that it was intended for, but the downturn in Passat sales and subsequent worker layoffs mean it will be a challenge to repeat the feat. The plant does have the world's largest solar park, though, and you can't take that away from them.
You'll find the official hand-clapping in the press release below.