1984 Pontiac 15'th Anniversary TransAm
- Very limited Quantity (1500)
- A restoration in progress or can be used as a parts vehicle. Not running
- Please view pictures carefully. Notable surface rust but no dents.
- Clean Illinois Title. 60,481 miles as is on the speedometer.
- Can make an incredible restoration project or a very profitable parts maker.
- Includes replaceable Decal's (not certain if complete or condition)
- Received vehicle from a storage auction and only interested in recouping my loss.
- Could be the very best deal on Ebay for a lucky mechanic or for the person who has patience in selling the parts.
- I have no interest, knowledge or concern in hoping for a crazy price for the TransAm but rather I sell to a honest buyer who has a vision in doing something with it.
- Will be for sale locally and I have the right to remove from auction unless "Buy Now" price is received.
- AS IS NO WARRANTY
- Buyers responsibility to remove by transport within 3 weeks after full payments are received. Currently in outside parking stall of my office.
- Winning bidder requires Paypal deposit of $500. upon winning acceptance. Balance to be received per instructions within 3 days. Via Cash, Money Order or Paypal.
- I am not a mechanic or body man but will help in answering any possible question. Please send all questions through Ebay.
- Please review the pictures very closely for the condition and options it may have. Googling can answer most if not all.
- No keys
- Find one for the price !
Pontiac Trans Am for Sale
Auto Services in Illinois
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 5066 N Il 130, West-Liberty
Phone: (618) 395-3007
Used Car Dealers
Address: 206 N Chicago St, Donovan
Phone: (815) 432-0809
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Auto Transmission
Address: 12411 Vincennes Rd, Berwyn
Phone: (708) 388-3993
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 660 Ogden Ave, Wayne
Phone: (630) 968-6889
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Glass-Auto, Plate, Window, Etc
Address: 2120 S Ashland Ave, Jefferson-Park
Phone: (312) 733-0066
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Transmission, Brake Repair
Address: 9800 Durand Ave, Russell
Phone: (262) 886-8960
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:57:00 EST
Bob Lutz sits down for Autoline Detroit - Click above to watch video after the jump
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:30:00 EST
Autoline Detroit recently played host to Bob Lutz, and, as is always the case, the former General Motors vice chairman dished out some great commentary. Lutz was promoting his new book Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business, and talk quickly turned to his role as it related to product development and high-level decision making at GM. While on the topic of brand management, Lutz revealed a few rather interesting tidbits about his former employer:
All Chevrolet vehicles were required to have five-spoke aluminum wheels and a chrome band up front, as part of the Bowtie brand's overall image.
According to two separate reports in The Detroit News, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is launching investigations into 550,000 Pontiac G6 (pictured above) and 320,000 Honda Odyssey (pictured right) models. The G6 models are all from the 2005 to 2007 model years, while the Odyssey minivans are from the 2003 and 2004 model years. The two NHTSA probes are not related.
Mon, 07 Nov 2011 13:30:00 EST
In the case of the G6, this is an upgrade to an original investigation that started in February after NHTSA received "hundreds of reports" that the brake lights on these cars may malfunction. According to The Detroit News, the lights may come on when the brake pedal is not depressed, and likewise, the brake lights may not illuminate when the pedal has been pushed. General Motors was able to provide NHTSA with a significant number of warranty claims, including 1,100 reports that could potentially relate to this problem, one of which indicates a vehicle crash.
For Honda, the NHTSA probe concerns airbags that may deploy unexpectedly. The government agency received six complaints from 2003-04 Odyssey owners saying that the front airbags suddenly went off without a crash. The Detroit News reports that three of the six owners sustained injuries from these incidents. Additionally, NHTSA has received 41 complaints from owners saying the vehicle's airbag warning light had illuminated.
General Motors is recalling around 38,000 Pontiac G8 sedans from its 2008 and 2009 model years. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that the cars may have a passenger-side airbag flaw that might prevent proper deployment in certain scenarios.
According to NHTSA, the airbag might not adequately protect a fifth percentile woman - that is, a woman around four-foot, 11-inches weighing 108 pounds. The New York Times indicates that the anomaly was found during a crash test conducted by GM's Australian branch, Holden, which was testing the G8's twin (read: Commodore) for head injuries. According to that report, the test in question is specifically tailored to simulate injuries to females, so the results do not apply to men or children.
The issue has been blamed on a seat position sensor that governs airbag deployment rates. NHTSA indicates that when the front passenger seat is moved all the way forward, the faulty sensor may inappropriately trigger a 30-millisecond delay between airbag stages, potentially leading to greater injuries.