1984 Pontiac 15'th Anniversary TransAm
- Very limited Quantity (1500)
- A restoration in progress or can be used as a parts vehicle. Not running
- Please view pictures carefully. Notable surface rust but no dents.
- Clean Illinois Title. 60,481 miles as is on the speedometer.
- Can make an incredible restoration project or a very profitable parts maker.
- Includes replaceable Decal's (not certain if complete or condition)
- Received vehicle from a storage auction and only interested in recouping my loss.
- Could be the very best deal on Ebay for a lucky mechanic or for the person who has patience in selling the parts.
- I have no interest, knowledge or concern in hoping for a crazy price for the TransAm but rather I sell to a honest buyer who has a vision in doing something with it.
- Will be for sale locally and I have the right to remove from auction unless "Buy Now" price is received.
- AS IS NO WARRANTY
- Buyers responsibility to remove by transport within 3 weeks after full payments are received. Currently in outside parking stall of my office.
- Winning bidder requires Paypal deposit of $500. upon winning acceptance. Balance to be received per instructions within 3 days. Via Cash, Money Order or Paypal.
- I am not a mechanic or body man but will help in answering any possible question. Please send all questions through Ebay.
- Please review the pictures very closely for the condition and options it may have. Googling can answer most if not all.
- No keys
- Find one for the price !
Pontiac Trans Am for Sale
Auto Services in Illinois
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Repairing & Service Facilities-Renting
Address: 2424 W Rohmann Ave, Pekin
Phone: (309) 676-0177
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Automobile Parts & Supplies
Address: 2320 N 8th St, Pekin
Phone: (309) 347-3101
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 1509 S River Rd, Elk-Grove-Village
Phone: (847) 892-4782
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories, Tire Dealers
Address: 1819 W North Ave, Melrose-Park
Phone: (708) 345-3710
Auto Repair & Service, Used Car Dealers, Truck Wrecking
Address: 6728 S 3rd St, Chrisman
Phone: (765) 245-0853
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 826 Violetta Ave, Rockdale
Phone: (815) 726-0003
Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:58:00 EST
How many people think Buick or GMC should have gotten the axe instead of Pontiac? You can't see it, but I'm raising my hand. Autoweek reports that former Vice Chairman of GM, Bob Lutz, has indicated that things didn't have to end up the way they did.
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:02:00 EST
"The Feds said, 'Yeah, how much money have you made on Pontiac in the last 10 years?' and the answer was, 'Nothing.'"
In a talk given at the Petersen Automotive Museum for the Inside the MotoMan Studio series, Lutz says "The Feds said, 'Yeah, how much money have you made on Pontiac in the last 10 years?' and the answer was, 'Nothing.' So, it goes. And when the guy who is handing you the check for $53 billion says, 'I don't want Pontiac, drop Pontiac or you don't get the money,' it doesn't take you very long to make up your mind." Lutz even added that the next-generation Pontiac G6 would have benefitted from the rear-wheel-drive platform of the Cadillac ATS. How awesome would that have been?
Every few a decades, the folks running General Motors lose their minds briefly try to market a car that public doesn't see coming and often aren't ready for. In the '60s there was the rear-engine, air-cooled Chevrolet Corvair, then the mid-engine Pontiac Fiero in the '80s and the completely bizarre Chevy SSR in the 2000s. What all of these had in common was that they bucked the trend for American models of their era, for better or worse. The latest episode of Generation Gap tasked the hosts with finding two cult classic vehicles to choose between; they came come up with two of these quirky products from The General.
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:44:00 EST
On the classic side, there's a 1967 Chevy Corvair Monza convertible. Being from later in the production run, it wears slightly more aerodynamic styling than the earlier, boxier examples. Hanging out back is an air-cooled, 2.7-liter flat-six pumping out a robust 95 horsepower. In the other corner is the somewhat more modern 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE with a mid-mounted, 2.5-liter "Iron Duke" four-cylinder, an engine nearly ubiquitous in GM cars of the '80s.
Judging by when they were new, the Corvair was far more successful than the Fiero with over 1.8 million sold. Of course, Ralph Nader's book Unsafe at Any Speed kind of poisoned the well, even if the poor safety reputation wasn't entirely deserved. The Fiero on the other hand only lasted for a few model years before shuffling off, but it eventually got its own performance boost with the V6 version and rather attractive GT models. Check them both out in the video and tell us in Comments which you want in your garage.
The repairs needed for the faulty airbag inflators supplied by Takata continue to expand. Toyota initially announced a recall of 766,300 vehicles equipped with the bad part on June 11 as a followup to a campaign from 2013. Soon after, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened a preliminary evaluation into five automakers who also used the component in their models. Now, NHTSA has released the official announcement of the latest Toyota recall listing 844,277 affected cars, including the newly added 2003-2004 Pontiac Vibe.
While NHTSA's document didn't include a model-by-model breakdown, General Motors spokesperson Alan Adler estimated to Autoblog that roughly 85,000 Vibes in the US would be covered under the latest recall. Like the rest of the affected models, the airbag inflator could rupture in a crash causing the bag not to work correctly, possibly spraying metal fragments at the occupant.
Toyota spokesperson Cindy Knight told Autoblog that the reason for the disparity between the earlier press release and NHTSA document was that Toyota was continuing to comb through VINs to create a list of affected vehicles. The original number was an estimate of that process at the time. Scroll down to the recall report from NHTSA.