- 1988 mercedes-benz 560sl 2 owner california car both tops(US $15,900.00)
- 1987 mercedes-benz 560sel base sedan 4-door 5.6l(US $6,000.00)
- Rare find 1992 mercedes-benz 500 e
- 1993 mercedes-benz 500e sedan 4-door 5.0l pristine!!! garage queen
- Well taken care of 1985 mercedes 500sec
- Great classic car
- 2005 mercedes ml 500 l@@k - $11700 (north austin) mint car!! motivated seller(US $11,700.00)
- 1991 mercedes benz 500sl(US $5,500.00)
- 1987 mercedes 560 sel luxury vehicle!! beautiful car!!
- 1986 mercedes 560 sel..low miles!!
- 1986 mercedes sec 560 dark blue convertible automatic(US $10,000.00)
- 1984 mercedes classic sec 500 series(US $9,995.00)
- 1986 mercedes 560sel, no reserve
- 1989 mercdes benz sl-560 roadster convertable(US $13,000.00)
- Showroom condition 560 mercedes-benz 560 sl w/2 tops(US $20,250.00)
- 1991 mercedes benz 560 sel with euro package rear spoiler sun roof driven daily(US $3,999.00)
- 1991 mercedes benz 560 sec 47k miles white/grey exceptionally clean must see !!!
- 1990 mercedes 560 sel(US $3,900.00)
- 1980 mercedes benz 500 sec
- 1986 mercedes 560sec coupe beautiful condition stellar paint w recent service(US $2,485.00)
- 2002 mercedes benz sl 500 limited edition , red , low miles , all the toys
- 1986 mercedes benz 560 sel(US $11,500.00)
- 1987 mercedes-benz 560sl, 5.6l v8 fi, automatic, convertible, carfax report
- Mint condition 1991 560 sel mercedes benz(US $12,000.00)
- 92 500sl 2 door low miles leather hardtop soft top brown inspected - no reserve
- 1990 mercedes benz 560 sec collector car 29k miles pristine condition(US $31,900.00)
- 1992 mercedes sel 500 *** no reserve!! ***
- 1992 mercedes-benz 500sl
- 1999 mercedes sl500 roadster(US $9,650.00)
- Mercedes-benz 560 sel(US $7,500.00)
- 1989 mercedes-benz 560sel base sedan 4-door 5.6l(US $2,500.00)
- Mercedes 560sec wide body amg custom, 500e, 560sel, s600, 300ce, 190e, hammer,
- 1992 mercedes 500e
- 1990 mercedes benz 560 sec 2 door coupe, sun roof, new tires, super clean
- 1986 mercedes 560sec coupe beautiful condition stellar paint w recent service(US $2,895.00)
- 1990 mercedes-benz 500sl base convertible 2-door 5.0l
- 1987 mercedes-benz 560sl base convertible 2-door 5.6l(US $9,500.00)
- 85 mercedes 500 sel
- 1985 mercedes benz 500 sec v8 clean! sporty! classic!
- 1987 560 sl dark blue convertible hard top burgundy interior nice color combo
- 1992 mercedes-benz 500 ~very rare~(US $7,995.00)
- 1991 mercedes benz 560 sel(US $8,000.00)
- 322 hp 5.0-leter v8, 4-speed auto, removable hard-top, jvc am/fm/cd, clean south(US $7,595.00)
- 1987 mercedes benz 560 sec coupe - last of the powerful, fun boulavard cruisers
- 1989 mercedes 560sl convertible only 5,721 miles pristine example collectors car(US $52,600.00)
- Mechanics special no reserve
- 88 mercedes benz 560 sl 2 door roadster 5.5 liter 227hp v8 4 speed automatic(US $14,900.00)
- 1986 mercedes benz 560 sel
- 46,000 low miles! nice sl500 driver! white/grey!(US $9,900.00)
- 1992 mercedes-benz 500sl convertible 2-door 5.0l(US $7,900.00)
- 1985 mercedes-benz 500sec coupe..euro model...excellent condition...no rust..fl
- Very nice classic mercedes great transportation(US $4,600.00)
- 1986 mercedes benz 560 sel only 93,000 miles
- 1983 mercedes 500sel euro model amg(US $19,900.00)
- Sl low miles 2 dr convertible automatic gasoline 5.0l v8 fi burgundy
- 1993 mercedes-benz 500sl base convertible 2-door 5.0l only 87000 origional miles(US $9,988.00)
- 1989 mercedes-benz 560sec base coupe 2-door 5.6l(US $9,999.00)
- 1994 mercedes-benz 500 series 2dr roadster 5.0l auto
- 1987 560sl* 73k miles* both tops* 1 owner california ca(US $15,888.00)
- 1991 mercedes benz 560 sec amg wheels, one owner, documented miles(US $16,000.00)
Mercedes-Benz 500-Series Price Analytics
About Mercedes-Benz 500-Series
Auto blogWed, 23 Jan 2013 10:58:00 EST
Radio chatter around the emerging small, premium crossover coupe genre has thus far been dominated by the Land Rover Evoque and the Mini Paceman. According to a report in Car, the Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class (shown above) has received its invitation to the party and will spend the next three years getting ready: it's said that two-door variant of the crisply-angled CUV is coming in 2016, along with a redesign befitting its sleeker intentions.
To be based on the MRA platform - the rear-drive version of the company's three new modular platforms, it will also support the coming 2013 S-Class and could eventually get an AMG version to help it compete with segment offerings like the forthcoming Porsche Macan. Not much else is known about it beyond its name: Car says it will be called the GLC, a friendly nomenclature we remember best as a Mazda hatchback (allegedly for "Good Little Car"). Internet oldtimers may remember the Mazda GLC as the predecessor to the 323 (which in turn came before today's Mazda3). Either way, the GLC is not to be confused with the larger upcoming BMW X6 rival based on the ML-Class (reportedly called GLS) which is also said to still be in the works, or the front-drive based GLA, a model also edging toward production.
Clark Gable's 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing doesn't sell, then does sell for $1.85 million [UPDATE: w/video]Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:10:00 EST
How much extra value does previous celebrity ownership add to of a car? Really, there's no way to know until the car in question hits the auction block and bidders start raising their hands. In the case of the 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing you see above, the celebrity owner is none other than Clark Gable, who purchased it new. After Gable's death in 1960, the car changed hands a few times before settling with Charles Wood in 1975.
A high-dollar restoration was performed in 1989, and period accessories added by Gable himself were kept in place, including the Rudge knock-off wheels and Nardi steering wheel. Any Mercedes-Benz 300SL is worth a big chunk of money. In the case of Clark Gable's old Gullwing, the bidding stalled at $1.9 million here at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale. As one of the 5000-series cars, this 300SL carried a reserve, and a bit of after-the-fact dealmaking saw the car change hands for $1.85 million.
You can see our high-res image gallery above, and the car's official auction description below.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA earned itself a spot on our list of the top five unveils of the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, and for good reason. The German luxury compact is the first small car from the Silver Arrow that looks suitably premium inside and out. Nowness.com has turned out a new video of the CLA featuring super model Karlie Koss in the lead role. We aren't entirely sure what the premise is, but from what we can tell, it looks as if the CLA comes to life and proceeds to be a giant jerk.
After Koss stops to take a closer look at a white horse, the CLA gives the supermodel the old stop-and-go treatment before leaving her on the side of the road. Eventually, the sedan makes nice, but Koss has to ride shotgun instead of taking the controls herself. You can check out the video below to see for yourself.
After an argument with his adoptive parents that resulted in them taking away his mobile phone, an angry 13-year-old boy ran away from his home in Italy and headed straight to Poland to meet his biological sister. But instead of taking the train or hitching a ride, like most on the run, the young man (an accomplished go-kart racer and car enthusiast) grabbed the keys to his father's Mercedes-Benz and jumped behind the wheel for an impromptu road trip.
With less than 200 euros (about $270) in his wallet and a passport in his pocket, the youngster managed to put more than 500 miles between himself and his distraught parents, crossing two international borders in the process, before German police nabbed him just shy of the Polish border. According to reports, the vehicle was tracked - it wasn't his driving that alerted authorities to his location.
Reunited with his mother and father, who traveled to Germany to retrieve both their son and the vehicle, the young man apologized and acknowledged his error. As a result of his actions, social workers will increase checks on the family and we can be sure his parents are now hiding the keys.
We've spotted the all-new Mercedes-Benz GLA testing a couple times in recent months in getting closer to production form and shedding camouflage, but now it looks like we're see our first look at the AMG version of this compact crossover. The low ride height might trick some into thinking that we're just seeing the already-confirmed A45 AMG out testing, but the unique beltline, rear doors and side windows confirm this is some version of the GLA-Class.
What makes us so confident that this is the AMG model? Well, for starters, this prototype has beefier brakes with cross-drilled front and rear rotors and bigger front calipers, but it also sports dual exhaust outlets poking through the rear fascia and a suspension that has been lowered considerably. Our spy shooters said that this car's exhaust note made it almost certainly an AMG model.
Just to be clear, the GLA AMG will not be powered by a 4.5-liter engine. The closely related A45 AMG will carry the "45" in its name to celebrate the first 45 years of AMG, and our sources seem to indicate the AMG version of the GLA will do the same. We're expecting this sporty crossover to produce as much as 350 horsepower from its AMG-tuned four-cylinder engine, and like the all-new E63 AMG, it could very well come standard with 4Matic all-wheel drive.
Unlike the US, the commercial truck market throughout the rest of the world is chocked full of competitors from many different automakers. Since 2006, Volkswagen has had a fullsize van called the Crafter that was a result of a partnership with Daimler AG and based on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. This partnership is supposed to last through 2016, but Reuters is reporting that VW might be looking to end its relationship with Daimler and create its own van in cooperation with German truck and bus maker MAN.
The article says that VW AG has more than a 75-percent stake in MAN, which would essentially be keeping the new commercial vehicle in-house. Even if VW bolts, Daimler still has a deal worked out in the commercial truck industry between its subsidiary Mitsubishi Fuso and Renault-Nissan to supply the other with different trucks.
Bruce Hornsby and his soothing piano skills helped introduce us to the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, but the monstrous E63 AMG sedan needed no entrance music as it rumbled on stage. The 550-horsepower (and up) sedan sat proudly alongside the rest of the redesigned E-Class on stage at the Detroit Auto Show, but stood miles apart in intention and execution.
In addition to a choice of sedan and wagon body styles, the E63 AMG will also offer buyers the choice of the standard 550 hp or an upgraded 577-hp S-Model; regardless of output, all 2014 E63 AMG models will come standard with the 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
We already saw the E63 AMG's aggressive styling last week, but now we have a full assortment of live images for you to enjoy as well as the Mercedes-Benz press release, which is also posted below.
Mercedes-Benz showed us its redesigned 2014 E-Class more than a month ago, but the Detroit Auto Show finally gave us a chance to see the full family of mid-size luxury cars and wagons in the flesh. Dieter Zetsche introduced the cars, including sedan, coupe, convertible and station wagon, on stage showing the stylish new design direction.
The wagon and sedan versions (shown as the E400 Hybrid above) will go on sale this spring, while the coupe and cabriolet will hit showrooms over the summer. Check our new gallery of live shots for the entire 2014 E-Class lineup, as well as the previously released press release below.
The case of Dupont and Honeywell's refrigerant R-1234yf is doing the exact opposite of keeping things cool. The two chemical companies have spent years and hundreds of millions of dollars developing R-1234yf to replace R-134a, the new refrigerant shown to be 99.7-percent kinder to the environment than the one it is meant to succeed. Part of that development has been years of testing by governments, outside safety agencies and automakers to approve the chemical for use in cars. It passed the protocols necessary for the European Union to declare that new and significantly revised cars from 2013 onward needed to use R-1234yf, and mandated that every car as of 2017 must use it.
Enter Daimler AG. The automaker created a head-on collision test with a B-Class at their Sindelfingen test track that would lead to the pressurized refrigerant being sprayed on the engine. The result in 20 out of 20 test was that the refrigerant burst into flames as soon as it hit the hot engine, while Daimler says that R-134a does not catch fire in the same test. Another unexpected result of the R-1234yf test was the release of hydrogen flouride, a chemical far more deadly to humans than hydrogen cyanide, emitted in such amounts that it that turned the windshield white as it began to eat into the glass.
Said a Daimler engineer in a Reuters piece, "It was scarcely believable. The most complicated lab tests conducted using the most sensitive measuring instruments around found nothing and all we do is drive a car around a couple of times, open a tiny hole in the refrigerant line and the next thing you know the car is on fire." So Daimler said it wouldn't use the refrigerant, and it recalled the cars it had already shipped with R-1234yf.
Another month, another car pack for Forza Horizon. This time it's the Recaro Car Pack featuring a motley gang of cars and trucks: the 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500, 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R, 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR, 2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition and 2012 Lotus Exige S.
It'll be up for download on Xbox Live on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 for 400 MS Points. As usual, if you have the Forza Horizon Season Pass you can get them all free, and Season Pass holders will also get a bonus car that's not pictured: the 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster.
The Pagani is everything opposite to that Vandura, but while you might not ever win anything with the van, you can always use the back of it as a place to give out free hugs. Check out the video and press release below for more details.