- The iconic mercedes 560sl endures 1 owner grandfathers car been garaged since(US $9,900.00)
- 1992 mercedes-benz sl500 automatic convertible 5.0 leather we ship word wide
- 1991 mercedes-benz 560sel rare only 60k miles original owner excellent condition
- Beautiful 1991 mercedes benz 560 sel amazing condition recent service(US $5,800.00)
- 1988 mercedes benz 560sl with hard top
- 1936 mercedes 500k replica(US $16,500.00)
- 1989 mercedes benz 560sl roadster~72k~hardtop~cold a/c~2 owners~books~pristine!(US $14,900.00)
- 87 rare sec amg hammer 70k miles v-8 auto 6.0l(US $50,000.00)
- 1991 560 sec southern car low miles mint black 96k no reserve
- 560 sec...........amg
- Mercedes-benz 2005 s500 4-matic awd blk/blk(US $14,450.00)
- Nice 1988 560 sl very clean runs great convertible collectors soft top hard top
- 1989 mercedes 560 sec all original showroom condition garage kept.
- Mercedes 500e california original condition car
- 2006 mercedes benz cls 500 with amg sport package and appearance package(US $27,988.00)
- Mercedes ml 500 for sale
- 1990 mercedes-benz 500sl black/black convertible 2-door 5.0l with cd player(US $5,500.00)
- 1990 mercedes benz 560 sec
- 1991 mercedes benz 560 sel rare 5.6l 86k ori miles 1 own clr title obo
- 1990 mercedes-benz 560sel
- 1986 hardtop convertible 560sl.gray.2 seater.no body damage.auto.all good glass(US $3,500.00)
- Black on black 1990 mercedes 560sec(US $5,000.00)
- Outstanding 1987 mercedes benz 560 sec only 104k -newer $6700 paint job -finest(US $11,467.00)
- 1988 mercedes-benz 560sl roadster convertible(US $17,500.00)
- 1990 mercedes-benz 560sel base sedan 4-door 5.6l
- 1998 mercedes-benz s500 in excellent condition!(US $7,050.00)
- 1986 custom built convertible mercedes benz 560 sec
- 1987 mercedes 560sec - gorgeous example with only 48k original miles
- 1988 mercedes benz 560 sl silver beautiful vehicle !!! under 36k miles !!!(US $19,500.00)
- 1998 black-on-black mercedes benz s500 in excellent condition.(US $5,495.00)
- 1991 mercedes-benz 500sl base convertible 2-door 5.0l
- 1991 mercedes-benz 560sel base sedan 4-door 5.6l(US $3,200.00)
- 2005 mercedes benz e-500 sedan high miles absolute w/no reserve in mississippi
- Clean carfax report/outstanding condition/ fantastic color combo/hardtop stand
- 1988 mercedes-benz 560sl both tops(US $18,000.00)
- 1989 mercedes-benz 560sl convertible 2-door 5.6l(US $14,997.00)
- Mercedes-benz 2005 s500 4-matic stunning very clean in & out 2nd owner(US $14,950.00)
- 1934 mb 500k replica factory built by heritage industries(US $33,500.00)
- 1990 mercedes-benz 560sec base coupe 2-door 5.6l
- 1988 mercedes benz 560sec cabriolet convertible super low miles palm beach ride
- 1995 mercedes benz s-500(US $2,000.00)
- V8 sunroof leather & heated seats alloy wheels used cars near kansas city
- Rare 1993 mercedes 500e hand built sedan 1 of 1500(US $22,000.00)
- California owned 63k show car avez wheels new tires 7k+ sound systme heated sts(US $22,900.00)
- Mercedes-benz 2005 s500 4-matic
- 1986 mercedes benz 560sl roadster~61k~2 owners~hardtop~ice cold a/c~immaculate!(US $14,900.00)
- 1992 mercedes-benz 500sl base convertible 2-door 5.0l
- 2000 mercedes-benz sl500 hardtop conv. super low miles 48k carfax certified wow(US $19,725.00)
- 1988 mercedes benz 560sl white
- Beautiful 1986 convertible mercedes benz 560sl
- Garage kept 1985 mercedes benz 500sel classic(US $8,500.00)
- 2006 mercedes benz cls 500c with amg sport package and appearance package
- Rare koenig 560sel(US $12,000.00)
- !! 1991 mercedes benz 560sel 560 sel ! clean title ! exlnt cond ! no reserve !!
- Sl500 sprt amg with 50k miles convertable-sl 500-sl--amg-----mercedes benz
- 1990 mercedes benz 560sel only 66k original miles one owner
- 1990 mercedes-benz 560sel base sedan 4-door 5.6l
- 1983 mercedes-benz 500 sec
- 500e clean carfax extensive service records 300e 430e 400 600(US $11,942.00)
- 1983 mercedes-benz 500-sec gun metal grey w/ amg trim package & wheels; lowered(US $9,995.00)
Mercedes-Benz 500-Series Price Analytics
About Mercedes-Benz 500-Series
Auto blogThu, 31 Jan 2013 14:58:00 EST
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:31:00 EST
Mercedes-Benz upgraded its SLS flagship Coupe and Roadster for the 2013 model year, and the changes are marked with them new "GT" nomenclature. Both SLS models arrive with a retuned naturally aspired 6.2-liter V8 delivering 583 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque (the horses are up from 563, but the torque remains the same) mated to a revised seven-speed AMG Speedshift dual-clutch gearbox. Rounding out the mechanical upgrades is a redeveloped AMG two-mode adaptive suspension. Physically, the revised models are differentiated by their new "GT" badging, darkened headlight/taillight buckets, red brake calipers, unique wheel colors and high gloss finish on the front grille, exterior mirrors and hood/fender fins. Inside the cabin are new red seatbelts, Alcantara upholstery and contrasting red stitching.
As it is nearly impossible to experience the aluminum gullwing beast on public roads, Mercedes invited out to Southern California's Willow Springs to wring out the 2013 SLS GT Coupe on a racing circuit.
With the redesigned 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class getting closer to production, the camera-wielding crew over at Autospies somehow managed to get inside of the car to snap some detailed spy shots. As the prototypes continue to shed camouflage, it would appear that Mercedes-Benz is getting closer to unveiling the car, and with the Geneva and New York auto shows coming up, it could be sooner rather than later.
From what we can see of this car's interior, the overall look of the S-Class' cabin isn't a ground-breaking departure from the current car, but it has been completely redesigned with more advanced technology. The styling is now even more upscale with larger swaths of wood, more shapely door panels (without the built-in armrest cubbies) and the concept-like two-spoke steering wheel. The highlight of this car though is probably the two massive digital screens with one being used for driver information and the other used for navigation, audio and infotainment systems. One other detail we noticed about this car is that it was equipped with the new 360-degree camera that debuted on the new GL-Class and will also be used on the 2014 E-Class. We also know that the next-gen S-Class will be getting the new cloud-based MBrace2 infotainment system.
As for the exterior design, it looks like the next S-Class will carry a similar profile as the current car, but we can see through the camouflage that the new styling will fit in better with current Mercedes-Benz products. Up front, the grille is much larger is flanked by aggressive LED-trimmed headlights, while the rear view of the car shows us the LED brake light now at the top of the rear window, a more pointed trunk opening and a more squared-off rear fascia with exhaust outlets pushed to the corners.
Carlsson's race-tuned versions of the Mercedes-Benz SLK have been taking checkered flags for years, and we won't be surprised if its SLK 340 hill climber fares any different. Developed by multiple German and Swiss hill climb champion Reto Meisel, the carbon-bodied SLK 340 with lightweight brakes and a closed underbody weighs 1,716 pounds. Propelling that tiny bit of weight is a 3.4-liter V8 from Judd with 610 horsepower, and it rolls on 18-inch wheels shod in Avon tires.
It will debut at the Geneva Motor Show before beginning its racing campaigns in the summer. This one won't just tear up roads in Europe, though - Meisel says he plans on bringing it to the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. The press release below has more details.
Chris Harris took to a snowy stretch of tarmac to get a fingertips-on-the-wheel feel of the Volvo S60 Polestar concept. Harris says the turbocharged sedan with 508 horsepower and 424 pound-feet of torque - and a manual transmission - is "a study to see if Volvo can get back into the fast-car market." The Polestar S60 concept, one of which was already purchased for $300,000 by a private buyer, is still making the publicity rounds because even Volvo's Chinese owners realize that, as Harris says, "Volvo sold more cars because it made fast cars" like the old 850 T5 Wagon that stormed the British Touring Car Championship in the 1990s.
For reference, Harris compares the blue wonder to the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG and its 487 hp and 442 lb-ft. The question is, were Volvo to get the price of a production version of the S60 Polestar to climb way down from its 200,000-pound sticker, could it be worthy competition to the established giants?
You can watch Harris divine the answer via a lot of drifting through the snow and a drag race in the video below.
The wheel ranks right up there with the telescope and four-slice toaster in the pantheon of inventions that have moved humankind forward. But what if a circle in three dimensions had never occurred to anyone, and we all had just moved on without it? Perhaps we'd be driving around in Lucas Motors Landspeeders with anti-gravity engines. Or maybe we'd have the same cars we do today, just without wheels.
That's the thought experiment that seems to have led French photographer Renaud Marion to create his six-image series called Air Drive. The shots depict cars throughout many eras of motoring that look normal except for one thing: they have no wheels. The models used include a Jaguar XK120, Cadillac DeVille (shown above), Chevrolet El Camino and Camaro, and Mercedes-Benz SL and 300 roadsters.
Perhaps one day when our future becomes our past, you'll be able to walk the street and see with your own eyes the rust and patina of age on our nation's fleet of floating cars. Until then, Monsieur Marion's photographs will have to do.
Radio chatter around the emerging small, premium crossover coupe genre has thus far been dominated by the Land Rover Evoque and the Mini Paceman. According to a report in Car, the Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class (shown above) has received its invitation to the party and will spend the next three years getting ready: it's said that two-door variant of the crisply-angled CUV is coming in 2016, along with a redesign befitting its sleeker intentions.
To be based on the MRA platform - the rear-drive version of the company's three new modular platforms, it will also support the coming 2013 S-Class and could eventually get an AMG version to help it compete with segment offerings like the forthcoming Porsche Macan. Not much else is known about it beyond its name: Car says it will be called the GLC, a friendly nomenclature we remember best as a Mazda hatchback (allegedly for "Good Little Car"). Internet oldtimers may remember the Mazda GLC as the predecessor to the 323 (which in turn came before today's Mazda3). Either way, the GLC is not to be confused with the larger upcoming BMW X6 rival based on the ML-Class (reportedly called GLS) which is also said to still be in the works, or the front-drive based GLA, a model also edging toward production.
Clark Gable's 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing doesn't sell, then does sell for $1.85 million [UPDATE: w/video]Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:10:00 EST
How much extra value does previous celebrity ownership add to of a car? Really, there's no way to know until the car in question hits the auction block and bidders start raising their hands. In the case of the 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing you see above, the celebrity owner is none other than Clark Gable, who purchased it new. After Gable's death in 1960, the car changed hands a few times before settling with Charles Wood in 1975.
A high-dollar restoration was performed in 1989, and period accessories added by Gable himself were kept in place, including the Rudge knock-off wheels and Nardi steering wheel. Any Mercedes-Benz 300SL is worth a big chunk of money. In the case of Clark Gable's old Gullwing, the bidding stalled at $1.9 million here at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale. As one of the 5000-series cars, this 300SL carried a reserve, and a bit of after-the-fact dealmaking saw the car change hands for $1.85 million.
You can see our high-res image gallery above, and the car's official auction description below.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA earned itself a spot on our list of the top five unveils of the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, and for good reason. The German luxury compact is the first small car from the Silver Arrow that looks suitably premium inside and out. Nowness.com has turned out a new video of the CLA featuring super model Karlie Koss in the lead role. We aren't entirely sure what the premise is, but from what we can tell, it looks as if the CLA comes to life and proceeds to be a giant jerk.
After Koss stops to take a closer look at a white horse, the CLA gives the supermodel the old stop-and-go treatment before leaving her on the side of the road. Eventually, the sedan makes nice, but Koss has to ride shotgun instead of taking the controls herself. You can check out the video below to see for yourself.
After an argument with his adoptive parents that resulted in them taking away his mobile phone, an angry 13-year-old boy ran away from his home in Italy and headed straight to Poland to meet his biological sister. But instead of taking the train or hitching a ride, like most on the run, the young man (an accomplished go-kart racer and car enthusiast) grabbed the keys to his father's Mercedes-Benz and jumped behind the wheel for an impromptu road trip.
With less than 200 euros (about $270) in his wallet and a passport in his pocket, the youngster managed to put more than 500 miles between himself and his distraught parents, crossing two international borders in the process, before German police nabbed him just shy of the Polish border. According to reports, the vehicle was tracked - it wasn't his driving that alerted authorities to his location.
Reunited with his mother and father, who traveled to Germany to retrieve both their son and the vehicle, the young man apologized and acknowledged his error. As a result of his actions, social workers will increase checks on the family and we can be sure his parents are now hiding the keys.
We've spotted the all-new Mercedes-Benz GLA testing a couple times in recent months in getting closer to production form and shedding camouflage, but now it looks like we're see our first look at the AMG version of this compact crossover. The low ride height might trick some into thinking that we're just seeing the already-confirmed A45 AMG out testing, but the unique beltline, rear doors and side windows confirm this is some version of the GLA-Class.
What makes us so confident that this is the AMG model? Well, for starters, this prototype has beefier brakes with cross-drilled front and rear rotors and bigger front calipers, but it also sports dual exhaust outlets poking through the rear fascia and a suspension that has been lowered considerably. Our spy shooters said that this car's exhaust note made it almost certainly an AMG model.
Just to be clear, the GLA AMG will not be powered by a 4.5-liter engine. The closely related A45 AMG will carry the "45" in its name to celebrate the first 45 years of AMG, and our sources seem to indicate the AMG version of the GLA will do the same. We're expecting this sporty crossover to produce as much as 350 horsepower from its AMG-tuned four-cylinder engine, and like the all-new E63 AMG, it could very well come standard with 4Matic all-wheel drive.