1971 Challenger convertible project for sale.
Complete car (minus engine/trans and hood) with all trim, interior, top mechanism, chassis/suspension included.
This is an original 318 2V / 904 auto., non-air car with drum brakes, PS, 7 1/4 rearend. Original color is B5 blue w/ blue Deluxe interior and a white power top. It had the Slapstick, console, and non-Rally dash.
This car was bought complete and intact so all of the hard-to-find, convertible-only trim pieces, glass, etc., are included with this project.
All tin/rust repair work has been completed on the shell. Car required new front floors & rear foot wells, trunk pan & extensions, lower rear quarters, and misc. patches within the cowl vent area (frame rails are solid and required no attention). All of this work has been completed (MIG welded; rear quarter welds are a little wavy, all else came out great). All seam sealer replaced as required. Engine compartment and jambs were fully stripped to bare metal and the full interior, jambs, trunk, and engine compartment have been epoxy primed (Nason Fulpoxy) in preparation for paint.
As it sits, the outer body is ready for leveling (filler work) and on to priming/blocking and paint. The interior, jambs, and engine compartment are ready for paint now.
- Complete body (less hood) with f & r valances
- All small parts, brackets, latches, handles, shields, hardware, nuts, bolts, etc.
- All trim
- Replated front and rear bumpers (beautifully finished by Tri-City Plating) /all braces
- All lights/bezels
- All side glass and regulators/tracks/mechanisms (no windshield)
- Mirrors, interior & two exteriors (Rally)
- Flip-top gas cap
- Grill (needs some work)
- Convertible top mechanism (complete)
- Radiator support panel (rt side) replaced to accommodate 26 radiator
- Fully rebuilt door hinges
- Hood hinges (nice, ready for paint)
- Original wiring harness (complete) from this car
- V-8 K-member / front suspension / drum brakes
- Power steering box
- Welded subframe connectors (2x1x.125 bar)
- All underhood pieces (horns, wiper motor, wiring harness, etc.)
- Gas tank and straps
- Fuel lines / tank vent system
- Original bumper jack (complete)
- Brake lines not included
- 11 disc brake conversion components (steering knuckles, rotors, caliper adapters, calipers, splash shields)
- 8 3/4 rearend assy, complete (E-body width, 489 case, 2.76 gears, w/ brakes, shock plates)
- B/RB leaf springs (5-leaf)
- Driveshaft and yoke, for B/RB w/ 8 3/4 rearend (45 19/32), w/ large yoke
- New power brake booster assembly and master cylinder
- [All pieces are complete and original to this car and need restoration]
- Bucket seats, rear seat , seat belts
- Complete dashboard, non-Rally, AM radio, all controls, wiring, brackets, etc. (never disassembled)
- Steering column
- Heater box / vent box / ducts
- Slapstick shifter assy
- Sun visors
- Door panels / rear panels / kick panels
- Power top pump / cylinders / lines
- Top boot
- Nice extra set of black door panels (easy resto)
- New reproduction rear panels (convertible only)
- Extra set of kick panels
- Extra full set of seat tracks (originals are rusty)
- Extra set of original black seatbelts
- Nice used extra Slapstick bezel
This car is not a junkyard refugee. I bought it from an older gentleman (2nd owner?) in this area in 1998. It had been stored outside under a tarp for several years. The car was complete to the nut and bolt but needed everything due to age and elements. I had it up and running shortly thereafter, before disassembling it for a full restoration. Everything has been stored dry since my purchase and all pieces and parts (other than those noted) are bagged and boxed and go with the car. I no longer have the original 318/904.
Sale includes everything listed above and items pictured, as well as all of the small miscellaneous parts, brackets, hardware, etc. that came from the car. I also have the fender tag (pictured) and at least one build sheet for this car.
If car sells by Buy-It-Now, I will throw in a complete, untouched 69 steel crank 440 4bbl with 727 tranny that I removed from a 69 Chrysler 300. Motor is complete from AVS carb to pan (less exhaust manifolds). Ill also throw in a new set of Mopar Performance XHD leaf springs (new, never installed) and a set of 440/Hemi torsion bars (.925).
Car is located in Huntsville, Alabama. Buyer to pick-up locally or arrange all shipping. I can assist with loading at my residence.
Car does not have a title as they are not required in Alabama for cars 35 years or older. From the Alabama Department of Revenue (please see revenue.alabama.gov): No Alabama certificate of title shall be obtained for: (a) A motor vehicle more than 35 model years old or trailer more than 20 model years old.
Please e-mail any questions or you can call me and Ill do my best to answer them or provide additional photos if needed.
My mobile phone number is 256-653-6393. My name is Mike.
I probably wont be able to answer on weekdays til about 5:30pm CST. If I dont answer, leave me a voice mail and I will return your call.
Deposit of US $500.00 within 48 hours of auction close. Paypal may be used for deposit only. Full payment required within 7 days of auction close (cash, bank wire transfer, or cleared cashier's check).