This 1976 Datsun 280Z Convertible has a Small Block Chevy 350 V8 in it. This car is very unique, fast and a blast to drive. I have never run into another one on these on road or at a car show. There obviously has been a lot of work done to the car over the years and it is time for me to move onto my next project. I will try to list all of the extras added on.
- The convertible conversion was done professionally and looks like it was done at the factory. All of the pieces and edges are very smooth and look correctly. The added support is supplied by two steel roll bars that run from the floor of the interior up to the front shock towers. Also there is a 4-point roll bar.
- The V8 conversion was also done professionally, the engine is a 1970's Small Block Chevy 350. It has an edelbrock manifold, Holley 4bbl carb and headers. The radiator has a custom built bracket and an electric fan that keeps the engine running cool. The car has never overheated on me.
- The wheels are 16x8 XXR 530 gold with 245 50 on the rear and 225 50 on the front. The tires are nothing special and if I were going to keep the car I would change them. Although they have plenty of tire tread left.
- The transmission is a turbo 350 automatic and the rear is the original 280Z rear. The 280Z rear has no problem handling the extra power.
- The front brakes were upgraded to the Stage 1 big brake. This really helps with stopping of the car (the added weight and power).
- The body has no rust (the car is kept inside) and most of the body parts are fiberglass. The hood is a cowl induction and is pinned down. Both front fenders are fiberglass along with most of the rear. The Trunk was fabricated out of the original hatchback. If you wanted the car to be perfect the trunk has a spot where the bondo would need to be worked on and replaced. I had a quote of $500.00 for a local body shop. The doors are original and steel and both windows work. The inspection lids are louvered.
- The car has a fuel cell in the trunk and the battery is also relocated in the trunk.
I have a lot of extras for the car and if the selling price exceeds $11,000 I will include the following extra parts. If it doesn't, I would be happy to sell them to you at discounted price.
- MSA Type 2 front spoiler with the integrated front bumper.
- Fiberglass side skirts
- Front dash cover (partial, not the entire dash)
- 240Z seats in very good condition.
- Tokico shocks and original springs (front are cut 1 inch to lower ride).
- Spare tire and jack
- And whatever remaining parts I might have in the garage
The car does not come with a top, in fact I don't even have Windshield Wipers. A top could be constructed, but I have always kept the car in the garage and it doesn' t come out when the weather is bad.
If you live in Pennsylvania the Antique title and plates will remain with the car, so this means no inspection or emissions.
If you live near the Philadelphia area you are more than welcome to come out and see and/or drive the car. It's kinda fast, fun to drive and gets lots of looks!
I would be happy to assist in anyway if you are transporting the vehicle
After the auction is over I will require $500.00 deposited into my PayPal account within 48 hours. And the remaining balance would need to be paid withing 7 days with a certified check or cash. The car can be picked up at your (within reason) at your convenience.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will answer them as quickly as I can.
Datsun Z-Series for Sale
Auto Services in Pennsylvania
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Parts & Supplies
Phone: (724) 437-4471
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 3803 Norrisville Rd, Stewartstown
Phone: (410) 557-8889
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1548 Mount Pleasant Rd, Donegal
Phone: (724) 836-1223
Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 4520 William Penn Hwy, Ardara
Phone: (412) 374-7800
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Wholesale Used Car Dealers
Address: 1043 Jersey Ave, Upper-Darby
Phone: (856) 456-2110
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 66 Yale St, Laurel-Run
Phone: (570) 825-4375
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:30:00 EST
In March of 2012, Nissan announced the return of its historic Datsun brand. Datsun used to represent the Nissan brand in a number of markets, but its badge hasn't been worn on a new model since 1981. In 2013, though, it has been relaunched as the Japanese manufacturer's budget offering in the emerging markets of India and Russia.
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:31:00 EST
The model that will lead that charge, at least in India, is the Go, a car that pays tribute to the very first Datsun, the DAT-GO.
The operative term with the Datsun brand is: "budget offering." Don't step inside the Go and expect beautiful hides or brushed metals (it's being sold in India, after all). The instrument cluster features a simple speedometer, while the five-speed manual and the center stack above it are rather barren. It's not without luxuries, though, as iPod-style connectivity is available through a Mobile Docking Station.
Four years ago, Renault confirmed that it would partner with India's Bajaj Auto to develop a rival to the Tata Nano. At the time, as everyone waited for the Tata Nano to arrive, you could have used a Richter scale to measure the tremors the executive suites of any automaker with an interest in the low end of emerging markets. Then the Nano, still the cheapest car in the world, didn't sell so well - at the end of last year its sales were just six percent of its most conservative projections - and everyone seemed content to let Tata spend the money to figure out if there really was a market for the cheapest car in the world.
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:27:00 EST
Renault believes there is, kind of. Automotive News Europe reports that it will partner with Nissan to build two low-priced cars for emerging markets, one for €3,000 ($3,888 U.S.) and another for €5,000 ($6,400 U.S.). The price of the least expensive offering is nearly $1,400 more than a Nano, which costs $2,500, and that can't be considered a small sum in comparison. But one of the hindsight knocks on the Nano has been that even in emerging markets buyers don't want a car whose biggest lure is that it is cheap; they'd rather give their aspirations a bit more of a workout.
Renault's offerings are scheduled to hit the non-Western market in late 2014, which is coincidentally the same year that will see the return of the budget-minded and emerging-market-specific Datsun nameplate. They'll be built in Renault facilities in Chennai, India, with no mention made of Bajaj this time around.
The Datsun name may have long since been replaced by Nissan, but the old brand is making a comeback - in certain markets, at least. Nissan relaunched the Datsun brand in July as its new budget brand for developing markets with the debut of the Go hatchback, and has now followed up with the addition of the larger Go+.
Set to be built in Indonesia at Nissan's plant in Purwakarta, the Go+ debuts today in the capital of Jakarta as the second model in the new Datsun lineup. The seven-passenger minivan features flexible seating in a compact form 13 feet long, powered by an unspecified 1.2-liter engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
Nissan isn't saying much else about the model, but hopes the new Datsun twins will account for half of its sales in Indonesia within three years. The low price target for both models - set to come in at less than 100 million rupiah ($8,700) - ought to help it get there. The lineup is then scheduled to reach other markets, starting with India, Russia and South Africa next year.