This 1976 Datsun 280Z Convertible has a Small Block Chevy 350 V8 in it. This car is very unique, fast and a blast to drive. I have never run into another one on these on road or at a car show. There obviously has been a lot of work done to the car over the years and it is time for me to move onto my next project. I will try to list all of the extras added on.
- The convertible conversion was done professionally and looks like it was done at the factory. All of the pieces and edges are very smooth and look correctly. The added support is supplied by two steel roll bars that run from the floor of the interior up to the front shock towers. Also there is a 4-point roll bar.
- The V8 conversion was also done professionally, the engine is a 1970's Small Block Chevy 350. It has an edelbrock manifold, Holley 4bbl carb and headers. The radiator has a custom built bracket and an electric fan that keeps the engine running cool. The car has never overheated on me.
- The wheels are 16x8 XXR 530 gold with 245 50 on the rear and 225 50 on the front. The tires are nothing special and if I were going to keep the car I would change them. Although they have plenty of tire tread left.
- The transmission is a turbo 350 automatic and the rear is the original 280Z rear. The 280Z rear has no problem handling the extra power.
- The front brakes were upgraded to the Stage 1 big brake. This really helps with stopping of the car (the added weight and power).
- The body has no rust (the car is kept inside) and most of the body parts are fiberglass. The hood is a cowl induction and is pinned down. Both front fenders are fiberglass along with most of the rear. The Trunk was fabricated out of the original hatchback. If you wanted the car to be perfect the trunk has a spot where the bondo would need to be worked on and replaced. I had a quote of $500.00 for a local body shop. The doors are original and steel and both windows work. The inspection lids are louvered.
- The car has a fuel cell in the trunk and the battery is also relocated in the trunk.
I have a lot of extras for the car and if the selling price exceeds $11,000 I will include the following extra parts. If it doesn't, I would be happy to sell them to you at discounted price.
- MSA Type 2 front spoiler with the integrated front bumper.
- Fiberglass side skirts
- Front dash cover (partial, not the entire dash)
- 240Z seats in very good condition.
- Tokico shocks and original springs (front are cut 1 inch to lower ride).
- Spare tire and jack
- And whatever remaining parts I might have in the garage
The car does not come with a top, in fact I don't even have Windshield Wipers. A top could be constructed, but I have always kept the car in the garage and it doesn' t come out when the weather is bad.
If you live in Pennsylvania the Antique title and plates will remain with the car, so this means no inspection or emissions.
If you live near the Philadelphia area you are more than welcome to come out and see and/or drive the car. It's kinda fast, fun to drive and gets lots of looks!
I would be happy to assist in anyway if you are transporting the vehicle
After the auction is over I will require $500.00 deposited into my PayPal account within 48 hours. And the remaining balance would need to be paid withing 7 days with a certified check or cash. The car can be picked up at your (within reason) at your convenience.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will answer them as quickly as I can.
Datsun Z-Series for Sale
Auto Services in Pennsylvania
Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 13255 Route 6, Spartansburg
Phone: (814) 664-8609
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 108 Mail Run Ln, Everson
Phone: (724) 423-3859
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Inspection Stations & Services
Address: 408 Neal St, Bessemer
Phone: (724) 656-5669
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Wheel Alignment-Frame & Axle Servicing-Automotive
Address: 2379 Limestone Rd, Kennett-Square
Phone: (302) 998-2234
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Radios & Stereo Systems, Automobile Accessories
Address: 5244 Peach St Ste 2, Mc-Kean
Phone: (814) 868-5405
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automotive Tune Up Service
Address: 1315 Randall Ave, Wycombe
Phone: (215) 949-1182
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:01:00 EST
Those who were disappointed when Datsun changed its name to Nissan over three decades ago may have been pleased to see the marque revived last year, even as a budget brand. Nissan's counterpart to its ally Renault's Dacia budget brand, Datsun has been steadily expanding its lineup of low-cost transportation for developing markets with the debut of the Go hatchback in India, the Go+ minivan in Indonesia and the On-Do sedan in Russia. And now it has returned to Moscow to reveal its fourth model, the Mi-Do.
Sun, 08 Sep 2013 14:37:00 EST
Based closely on the On-Do sedan (which itself is based on the Lada Granta) the Mi-Do takes on a five-door hatchback bodystyle but with no more frills. It uses the same front-drive chassis with the same wheelbase as the sedan, but its chopped tail makes it a good foot and a half shorter overall. Into that compact shape, Datsun has fitted dual airbags, ABS and... well, that's about it. It's got a 1.6-liter, eight-valve inline-four kicking out a grand total of 87 horsepower to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic. Bare bones, this is.
While delivery of the first On-Do sedans commences next month (with the first example going to an IT specialist in Omsk), the Mi-Do is set to begin delivery early next year. Scope out the video and press release below from the Mi-Do's reveal at the Moscow Motor Show.
Datsun, Nissan's new sub-brand for emerging markets, has announced plans to unveil its second model. Its first, the Go, was unveiled almost two months ago, and promised affordable, connected motoring for five in a handsome hatchback body. Datsun is following that up with a pair of new models for Indonesia.
Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:30:00 EST
The first of these two new vehicles will be shown on September 17 in Jakarta, eschewing the typical auto show debut. It's targeted at so-called "risers," the nickname for a group of highly aspirational customers in the Indonesian market. Datsun developed it locally with help from Nissan, and it'll cost under 100 million Indonesian rupiah (about $8,900 at today's rates).
We'll have the full boatload of information on the newest member of the Datsun family when it debuts on September 17. Scroll on to read the full press release from Datsun.
Nissan's Datsun nameplate revival will begin with two models bound for the Indian market. Nissan has released sketches of a five-door hatchback based on the Micra (codenamed K2) and a top-down view of a hood that could potentially be from a sedan.
The company's press release says all will be revealed on July 15 in New Delhi, India. The Datsun lineup will be first offered in 2014 to that country's ride-deprived residents as well as Indonesia and Russia. Later in 2014, South Africa will join the list.
We've heard Nissan plans for Datsuns to share platforms with company-owned Lada. In January, we heard the projected price tag could be around $3,000 USD to compete with Chinese imports. The official press release (which can be read in full below) says nothing about either of these reports, however.