This 1976 Datsun 280Z Convertible has a Small Block Chevy 350 V8 in it. This car is very unique, fast and a blast to drive. I have never run into another one on these on road or at a car show. There obviously has been a lot of work done to the car over the years and it is time for me to move onto my next project. I will try to list all of the extras added on.
- The convertible conversion was done professionally and looks like it was done at the factory. All of the pieces and edges are very smooth and look correctly. The added support is supplied by two steel roll bars that run from the floor of the interior up to the front shock towers. Also there is a 4-point roll bar.
- The V8 conversion was also done professionally, the engine is a 1970's Small Block Chevy 350. It has an edelbrock manifold, Holley 4bbl carb and headers. The radiator has a custom built bracket and an electric fan that keeps the engine running cool. The car has never overheated on me.
- The wheels are 16x8 XXR 530 gold with 245 50 on the rear and 225 50 on the front. The tires are nothing special and if I were going to keep the car I would change them. Although they have plenty of tire tread left.
- The transmission is a turbo 350 automatic and the rear is the original 280Z rear. The 280Z rear has no problem handling the extra power.
- The front brakes were upgraded to the Stage 1 big brake. This really helps with stopping of the car (the added weight and power).
- The body has no rust (the car is kept inside) and most of the body parts are fiberglass. The hood is a cowl induction and is pinned down. Both front fenders are fiberglass along with most of the rear. The Trunk was fabricated out of the original hatchback. If you wanted the car to be perfect the trunk has a spot where the bondo would need to be worked on and replaced. I had a quote of $500.00 for a local body shop. The doors are original and steel and both windows work. The inspection lids are louvered.
- The car has a fuel cell in the trunk and the battery is also relocated in the trunk.
I have a lot of extras for the car and if the selling price exceeds $11,000 I will include the following extra parts. If it doesn't, I would be happy to sell them to you at discounted price.
- MSA Type 2 front spoiler with the integrated front bumper.
- Fiberglass side skirts
- Front dash cover (partial, not the entire dash)
- 240Z seats in very good condition.
- Tokico shocks and original springs (front are cut 1 inch to lower ride).
- Spare tire and jack
- And whatever remaining parts I might have in the garage
The car does not come with a top, in fact I don't even have Windshield Wipers. A top could be constructed, but I have always kept the car in the garage and it doesn' t come out when the weather is bad.
If you live in Pennsylvania the Antique title and plates will remain with the car, so this means no inspection or emissions.
If you live near the Philadelphia area you are more than welcome to come out and see and/or drive the car. It's kinda fast, fun to drive and gets lots of looks!
I would be happy to assist in anyway if you are transporting the vehicle
After the auction is over I will require $500.00 deposited into my PayPal account within 48 hours. And the remaining balance would need to be paid withing 7 days with a certified check or cash. The car can be picked up at your (within reason) at your convenience.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will answer them as quickly as I can.
Datsun Z-Series for Sale
Auto Services in Pennsylvania
Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers
Address: 116 Chestnut St, Allentown
Phone: (866) 595-6470
New Car Dealers, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Phone: (570) 378-3318
Used Car Dealers, Wholesale Used Car Dealers
Address: 3694 Schuylkill Rd, Royersford
Phone: (610) 948-9300
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 58 N Meridian Rd, Bessemer
Phone: (330) 799-0976
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Wholesale Used Car Dealers
Address: 701 Ferry Cut Off St, Chester-Township
Phone: (302) 276-0605
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Oil & Lube, Wheels-Aligning & Balancing
Address: 1021 Trenton Rd, Tullytown
Phone: (215) 547-8269
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:58:00 EST
Nobody does cars on the cheap quite like the Renault-Nissan Alliance. The former part of the equation already has its Dacia brand of cost-effective, no-frills vehicles that have become a favorite of Top Gear co-host James May, and last summer, the latter revived its Datsun nameplate for a budget brand of its own.
Tue, 05 Feb 2013 08:46:00 EST
The reborn Datsun launched in India this past July with its Go hatchback, returned in September with the Go+ minivan and revealed the Redi-Go concept just last month. And now it's given us our first look at an upcoming budget sedan developed specifically for the Russian market.
The as-yet unnamed vehicle (which we'll bet will incorporate the word "go" into its nameplate somehow) is set to debut on April 4, where it will launch the Datsun brand in Russia. Few details are available at this point, but the low-cost sedan was designed in Japan to offer Russian drivers "an engaging driving experience, peace of mind ownership and accessibility at the right and transparent price, with a competitive Total Cost of Ownership."
You can add Fiat to the admittedly short list of automakers considering a low-cost brand to rival Dacia. The inexpensive Eastern European brand from Renault-Nissan has performed on the balance sheet like a premium model line, and the money the alliance is taking off the table is encouraging other players to deal themselves in. Pretty soon Nissan's Datsun sub-brand will join the Dacia party, going on sale in Russia, Indonesia and India and will claim even more rubles, rupiahs and rupees for the parent company. Volkswagen recently said it will make a decision this year on a budget line for the Chinese market. With the euthanasia of Lancia and plans to move the Fiat brand upmarket, company CEO Sergio Marchionne wonders aloud to Automotive News Europe whether there could be room for a new budget brand underneath Fiat.
Sun, 08 Sep 2013 14:37:00 EST
We're told that the initiative has been in the idea box for five years and even moved to the stage of name considerations, like Innocenti, but worries about profit kept it from realization. If such a range were to be developed, Marchionne says it couldn't be built in Italy and stay within budget, and the company is "analyzing its manufacturing capacity outside of Europe to see if a low-cost brand is viable."
Datsun, Nissan's new sub-brand for emerging markets, has announced plans to unveil its second model. Its first, the Go, was unveiled almost two months ago, and promised affordable, connected motoring for five in a handsome hatchback body. Datsun is following that up with a pair of new models for Indonesia.
The first of these two new vehicles will be shown on September 17 in Jakarta, eschewing the typical auto show debut. It's targeted at so-called "risers," the nickname for a group of highly aspirational customers in the Indonesian market. Datsun developed it locally with help from Nissan, and it'll cost under 100 million Indonesian rupiah (about $8,900 at today's rates).
We'll have the full boatload of information on the newest member of the Datsun family when it debuts on September 17. Scroll on to read the full press release from Datsun.