This 1976 Datsun 280Z Convertible has a Small Block Chevy 350 V8 in it. This car is very unique, fast and a blast to drive. I have never run into another one on these on road or at a car show. There obviously has been a lot of work done to the car over the years and it is time for me to move onto my next project. I will try to list all of the extras added on.
- The convertible conversion was done professionally and looks like it was done at the factory. All of the pieces and edges are very smooth and look correctly. The added support is supplied by two steel roll bars that run from the floor of the interior up to the front shock towers. Also there is a 4-point roll bar.
- The V8 conversion was also done professionally, the engine is a 1970's Small Block Chevy 350. It has an edelbrock manifold, Holley 4bbl carb and headers. The radiator has a custom built bracket and an electric fan that keeps the engine running cool. The car has never overheated on me.
- The wheels are 16x8 XXR 530 gold with 245 50 on the rear and 225 50 on the front. The tires are nothing special and if I were going to keep the car I would change them. Although they have plenty of tire tread left.
- The transmission is a turbo 350 automatic and the rear is the original 280Z rear. The 280Z rear has no problem handling the extra power.
- The front brakes were upgraded to the Stage 1 big brake. This really helps with stopping of the car (the added weight and power).
- The body has no rust (the car is kept inside) and most of the body parts are fiberglass. The hood is a cowl induction and is pinned down. Both front fenders are fiberglass along with most of the rear. The Trunk was fabricated out of the original hatchback. If you wanted the car to be perfect the trunk has a spot where the bondo would need to be worked on and replaced. I had a quote of $500.00 for a local body shop. The doors are original and steel and both windows work. The inspection lids are louvered.
- The car has a fuel cell in the trunk and the battery is also relocated in the trunk.
I have a lot of extras for the car and if the selling price exceeds $11,000 I will include the following extra parts. If it doesn't, I would be happy to sell them to you at discounted price.
- MSA Type 2 front spoiler with the integrated front bumper.
- Fiberglass side skirts
- Front dash cover (partial, not the entire dash)
- 240Z seats in very good condition.
- Tokico shocks and original springs (front are cut 1 inch to lower ride).
- Spare tire and jack
- And whatever remaining parts I might have in the garage
The car does not come with a top, in fact I don't even have Windshield Wipers. A top could be constructed, but I have always kept the car in the garage and it doesn' t come out when the weather is bad.
If you live in Pennsylvania the Antique title and plates will remain with the car, so this means no inspection or emissions.
If you live near the Philadelphia area you are more than welcome to come out and see and/or drive the car. It's kinda fast, fun to drive and gets lots of looks!
I would be happy to assist in anyway if you are transporting the vehicle
After the auction is over I will require $500.00 deposited into my PayPal account within 48 hours. And the remaining balance would need to be paid withing 7 days with a certified check or cash. The car can be picked up at your (within reason) at your convenience.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will answer them as quickly as I can.
Datsun Z-Series for Sale
Auto Services in Pennsylvania
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Parts & Supplies
Phone: (215) 822-8810
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 12TH Street And Pennsylvania Ave, Clinton
Phone: (304) 797-0171
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 310 W Susquehanna Ave, Springfield
Phone: (866) 595-6470
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 4817 Baum Blvd, Cecil
Phone: (412) 325-7000
Auto Repair & Service, Tire Dealers, Inspection Service
Address: 444 Lehigh Street, Trexlertown
Phone: (610) 432-2034
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting
Address: 4131 Walbert Ave Allentown,Pa, Neffs
Phone: (610) 739-2612
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:30:00 EST
If there's a trend in the auto industry we can firmly get behind, it's the small, light and affordable rear-drive coupe. The positive critical reception to the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ twins has encouraged other manufacturers to look at building their own rear drivers, and even a few to show actual concept cars based on the idea. The Chevrolet Code 130R from 2012 and more recently, the Nissan IDx twins that were first shown at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show both come to mind, as does the brand-new Kia GT4 Stinger Concept.
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:58:00 EST
Nissan trotted out the IDx Nismo and the IDx Freeflow for another showing in Detroit and we'll admit to being totally smitten with both cars. Again. The duo draw inspiration from the iconic Datsun 510, a lightweight, affordable rear-driver that remains a cult favorite decades after production ended.
Now, a report from our friends at AutoWeek reveals that we may, possibly, hopefully see a production IDx, provided fans make a strong enough case for it. "It's in the plan," Nissan product boss Andy Palmer told AW. According to the report, Palmer said the IDx is "into the first sage of the development process. The next stage is project validation and then looking at the business case. It's no one's intent to waste millions of the company's money, so obviously we have a good feeling about this one."
Nobody does cars on the cheap quite like the Renault-Nissan Alliance. The former part of the equation already has its Dacia brand of cost-effective, no-frills vehicles that have become a favorite of Top Gear co-host James May, and last summer, the latter revived its Datsun nameplate for a budget brand of its own.
Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:30:00 EST
The reborn Datsun launched in India this past July with its Go hatchback, returned in September with the Go+ minivan and revealed the Redi-Go concept just last month. And now it's given us our first look at an upcoming budget sedan developed specifically for the Russian market.
The as-yet unnamed vehicle (which we'll bet will incorporate the word "go" into its nameplate somehow) is set to debut on April 4, where it will launch the Datsun brand in Russia. Few details are available at this point, but the low-cost sedan was designed in Japan to offer Russian drivers "an engaging driving experience, peace of mind ownership and accessibility at the right and transparent price, with a competitive Total Cost of Ownership."
Nissan's Datsun nameplate revival will begin with two models bound for the Indian market. Nissan has released sketches of a five-door hatchback based on the Micra (codenamed K2) and a top-down view of a hood that could potentially be from a sedan.
The company's press release says all will be revealed on July 15 in New Delhi, India. The Datsun lineup will be first offered in 2014 to that country's ride-deprived residents as well as Indonesia and Russia. Later in 2014, South Africa will join the list.
We've heard Nissan plans for Datsuns to share platforms with company-owned Lada. In January, we heard the projected price tag could be around $3,000 USD to compete with Chinese imports. The official press release (which can be read in full below) says nothing about either of these reports, however.