- 2013 chevrolet 2500hd ltz lml duramax(US $51,000.00)
- 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd
- Duramax diesel 4x4
- Low miles 8.1l vortec 4x4 allison transmission leather bedliner running boards
- 2011 chevy silverado 2500hd crew z71 4x4 diesel leather texas direct auto(US $40,980.00)
- 2014 chevy silverado 2500hd lt crew z71 4x4 leather 4k texas direct auto(US $36,980.00)
- 2006 chevy silverado 2500 reg cab service/utility 25k texas direct auto(US $18,980.00)
- 2011 chevy silverado 2500hd ltz, loaded,new in the box,1 owner,2.99% wac(US $43,998.00)
- Chevy crew cab lt 4x4 duramax diesel leather custom level tires wheels auto tow
- 2002 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt crew cab pickup 4-door 6.0l
- 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd 4x4 chevy pickup trucks automatic 4wd truck v8
- 2012 navigation sunroof leather heated cooled v8 diesel we finance 11k miles
- 2011 chevy silverado 2500 ltz diesel 4x4 lift 22's 39k texas direct auto(US $51,980.00)
- 2013 chevy silverado 2500 lt texas ed crew 4x4 20's 11k texas direct auto(US $37,480.00)
- 2003 chevrolet silverado 2500 crew cab short bed 2wd duramax diesel
- 2007 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0l v8 auto low mileage leather loaded cpo warranty(US $25,900.00)
- 2011 chevrolet silverado 2500 lt crew cab long bed 6.0 liter v8-4x4-records(US $21,500.00)
- 2007 chevy silverado duramax diesel lmm ltz 2500hd 4x4 built trans(US $36,000.00)
- 2002 chevy silverado 2500sl hd, 4x4, crew cab, 8' bed, 240,000 miles, 6l.(US $4,500.00)
- Chevy duramax
- 2008 chevrolet silverado chevy 2500hd crew cab duramax diesel 4x4 lifted truck!
- 08 black cloth 4x4 new tires carfax 1 owner grille guard net direct auto texas(US $26,988.00)
- 2012 leather heated cool duramax diesel lifetime warranty we finance 10k miles
- 2012 chevy 2500 ltz 4x4 sat radio bose bluetooth sunroof crew cab heated seats
- 2009 ebony cloth reverse sensing trailer hitch duramax diesel 112k miles
- 2002 chevrolet 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab 6.0 liter(US $4,200.00)
- 2004 chevrolet 2500 hd diesel grey
- 2004 chevrolet silverado 2500hd crew cab 153(US $16,500.00)
- 4x4 cruise power floor mats tow onstar sirius xm cd mp3 crew cab back up camera
- Ready to work !warranty! silverado 2500 hd ! crew cab ! no reserve ! long bed !
- 2002 chevy silverado 2500hd 2dr reg cab 6.0l v8 auto low mileage cpo warranty(US $10,900.00)
- 2014 chevy silverado 2500hd crew 4x4 6-pass tow 15k mi texas direct auto(US $37,780.00)
- 2004 chevy silverado ls 2500hd 2wd(US $8,600.00)
- 2007 chevy 2500hd diesel 4x4 lt1 crew cab(US $25,885.00)
- 1 owner 4x4 - lt - lbz classic - 6.6l duramax turbo diesel - allison no reserve
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500hd lt2 4x4 diesel
- 2001 chevrolet 2500 hd , service bed, tommy gate. 8.1 vortec, allison trans
- 2500 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd 4x4 with 36000 miles, one owner!(US $13,995.00)
- 2004 silverado 2500hd
- 4x4 power leather cd lifted tow rubber floor mats cruise xm onstar auto chrome
- 2009 chevy 2500hd diesel 4x4 lt z71 crew cab 1 texas owner(US $31,885.00)
- 2007 chevy silverado 2500hd-low miles, great condition, many extras
- 2004 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt extended cab pickup 4-door 6.6l duramax(US $12,500.00)
- 2004 chevy 2500hd diesel 4x4 lt heated leather bose crew cab 1 owner(US $22,885.00)
- 2014 chevy silverado 2500hd crew 4x4 6passenger tow 18k texas direct auto(US $35,980.00)
- 2014 chevy silverado 2500hd crew 4x4 longbed 6-pass 13k texas direct auto(US $35,980.00)
- 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt 4x4 ext cab 6.6l duramax diesel no reserve
- 2005 chevy 2500hd diesel 4x4 ls crew cab texas truck(US $22,980.00)
- 4x4 duramax diesel allison transmission lifted wheels ipod input one owner 4wd
- 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt extended cab pickup 4-door 6.6l
- Just off fleet lease! a t &t altec service utility bed 6.5 turbo diesel auto $$(US $3,990.00)
- 2008 chevrolet 2500 hd lt 4x4 crew cab 6.6 duramax turbo diesel pickup no reserv
- 2006 chevy silverado 2500 hd utility truck
- 04 chevy silverado 2500 6.6l v8 duramax diesel ext short bed 4x4 2 owner 80pix(US $14,495.00)
- 2010 chevrolet 2500 hd lt 4x4, v8(US $29,000.00)
- 1 owner low low miles duramax diesel 4x4 extra clean running boards bedliner
- 2009 chevrolet 2500 durmax diesel turbo 4x4 pickup trucks smart chevy truck 4dr
- 2007 chevrolet : silverado 2500 duramax 6.6l diesel 4x4 white
- No reserve 2005 chevy 2500hd duramax diesel crew 4x4 leather well maint. clean
Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Price Analytics
About Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Though "HD" has become common parlance, rest assured that the HD part of Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD does not, in fact, involve a television. In this case we're talking the old-fashioned meaning of HD: "Heavy Duty." The 2500HD is a true workhorse meant for big-league power, towing and hauling capabilities.
For years, Chevy trucks were soundly criticized for their lackluster cabins filled with hard plastics and poor fit and finish. The Silverado's most recent redesign introduced a radically improved interior that enhanced the big pickup's desirability (though it's starting to feel a little stark compared to newer rivals). Even so, it will always be this truck's durability and tremendous hauling and towing abilities that have kept generations of Chevy loyalists coming back to the gold bowtie. For an intermediate heavy-duty pickup, it's hard to go wrong with the Silverado 2500HD.
Current Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The Silverado 2500HD is available in regular-, extended- or crew cab designs, with a long or short wheelbase and with rear- or four-wheel drive. The extended and crew-cab body styles are offered in three trim levels: Work Truck, LT and the top-line LTZ. The regular cabin can only be had in Work Truck and LT trims.
Standard on all Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD pickups is a 6.0-liter V8 that makes 360 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque, paired to a six-speed automatic transmission. The optional Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 makes 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque. That powerhouse is paired with a beefier Allison six-speed automatic transmission.
In a comparison test of heavy-duty pickups, the mechanically identical GMC Sierra HD came out on top against its Dodge and Ford competitors. Though we found its cabin less inviting, the big GM trucks' recently revised frame, suspension and diesel engines proved hard to beat. Although multigenerational brand loyalty may dictate what heavy-duty pickup you take home, sticking with (or switching to) the Silverado 2500HD is a solid decision.
Used Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The present-generation Chevy Silverado 2500HD debuted for 2007. Even though its appearance has remained largely unchanged, 2500HD models produced prior to 2011 lacked the stronger, fully boxed frame, beefier suspension components and additional electronic aids added for that model year. The Duramax diesel engine also produced 365 hp and 660 lb-ft of torque, as compared to the current model's more powerful iteration. Prior to 2010, the 6.0-liter gasoline V8 produced 353 hp and 373 lb-ft of torque. Other changes were restricted to feature availability, most notably the addition of an optional rearview camera for 2009.
The previous-generation Silverado 2500HD was sold from 2001-'06 and lived on for one additional year as the "Classic." There was a heavy-duty package available for the light-duty Silverado 2500 in 1999 and 2000.
In terms of updates, there were changes made to exterior and interior styling for 2003, with further exterior tweaks for 2005. These trucks came in standard, Work Truck (after 2003), LS and LT trim levels. The standard engine was a 6.0-liter V8 that made 300 hp and 360 lb-ft of torque. There were two optional engines: an 8.1-liter gasoline V8 producing 340 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque and a 6.6-liter turbodiesel producing 300 hp and 520 lb-ft.
This diesel was upgraded in 2006 for more power (360 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque), added refinement and fewer emissions. These engines carried over for the Classic. A five-speed manual transmission was standard with the 6.0-liter V8, with a four-speed automatic optional. The 8.1-liter V8 and the 6.6-liter diesel came with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic (which became a six-speed for 2006).
As with the current Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, we were always impressed by this generation's powerful engine lineup and substantial towing and hauling abilities. It was a reasonably comfortable truck for everyday use, but don't expect the plush ride of its light-duty siblings. Any of the three available engines will provide swift acceleration and ample towing power, but the diesel V8 is probably the best choice for those who tow heavy loads -- especially the more powerful 2006 Duramax. Our principal beef concerns the shoddy interior design, materials and build quality. Chevy improved it gradually during its lifespan, but it was never quite up to snuff.
Prior to this, Chevrolet heavy-duty pickups ran from 1988-2000 and were simply known by their number nomenclature -- 2500 (3/4-ton) and 3500 (1-ton). In keeping with tradition, one could choose either rear-wheel drive (indicated by a "C", e.g. "C2500") or four-wheel drive (indicated by a "K"). Trim levels for these C/K2500 trucks include the base Cheyenne and top-line Silverado, which later changed to base and LS for 1999. Strengths of these trucks include strong, durable powertrains, while weaknesses center on sketchy build quality and materials within the cabin.
Auto blogTue, 27 Nov 2012 18:30:00 EST
Kelley Blue Book announced its annual Best Resale Value Award winners, and we weren't too surprised to see the list dominated by Japanese automakers - mainly Toyota and Honda. KBB hands out the awards based on the projected residual value of mostly all 2013 model year vehicles, and Toyota skated home with a number of awards including 10 of the 22 overall categories and having five of its products in the top 10 for models with best resale value. KBB's Best Resale Value Awards were announced in the same week as the ALG Residual Value Awards, and there were many similarities between both lists, especially when it came to Toyota.
To come up with its winners, KBB measures depreciation over the first five years of ownership, and looks for the cars it expects to hold its value the best after this time; on average, the report says the 2013 model year vehicles will lose 61.8 percent of its value in five years. Of the 22 categories, 15 slots were filled by Toyota, Honda and Nissan products, while the Camaro and Porsche (Cayenne and Panamera) each took home a pair of awards. If Toyota has anything to be upset about in this list of cars, it's that categories for Hybrid/Alternative Energy Car and Electric Vehicle went to the Ford Fusion and Chevrolet Volt, respectively.
The overall top 10 models for the best resale value in 2013 are, in alphabetical order:
General Motors is recalling certain 2012 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze and Sonic models due to a defect in the driver's airbag system. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the airbag has a shorting bar which may contact two internal terminals. If that happens during a crash, the supplemental restraint may not deploy, increasing the risk of driver injury. The recall includes a total of 2,949 units.
GM will contact owners and replace the steering wheel airbag coil at no cost. At this point, it's unclear when the recall will begin, though owners may contact the automaker at 1-800-521-7300 for more information. You may also take a closer look at the full NHTSA notice below.
It seems the Pontiac Trans Am steadfastly refuses to die. Ever since Chevrolet was granted a retrofied Camaro to compete with the Ford Mustang, Pontiac lovers have lamented the loss of this 1970s icon. And, looking at the Hurst Edition from Trans Am Depot, shown here at the 2012 SEMA Show, may explain what all the fuss is about.
It's not going to appeal to everyone's muscle-car tastes, but there's certainly room for a brash-and-bold black-and-gold Special Edition in many a Trans Am lover's garage. After all, if you want the keys to a custom pony car, you'll certainly get noticed in this one. If this scheme isn't your bag,, you can alternatively order your Hurst Edition in white and gold or silver and black. Oh, and don't forget a color-coordinated Screaming Chicken on the hood.
No matter which way you choose to go, your inner Burt Reynolds will appreciate the Eibach suspension kit, forged wheels with Pirelli PZero tires, functional shaker hood, fender air extractors, rear spoiler and, of course, a Hurst shifter inside. The interior is emblazoned with all manner of special touches, including a Hurst dash plate and T/A stitching on the Katzkin two-tone leather seats.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued a recall for a number of General Motors cars and crossovers bought or currently registered in the hot-climate states of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma and Texas. As many as 40,859 units consisting of the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox, Pontiac Torrent and Saturn Ion and the 2007-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt (shown) and its Pontiac G5 twin are being recalled for potential fuel leaks.
This recall is being issued due to potentially faulty fuel pump components that can crack and cause gasoline to leak from the return or supply ports and possibly cause a fire. NHTSA has not indicated how many fuel leaks or vehicle fires have been reported. As a fix, GM will replace the fuel pump modules on all affected vehicles free of charge. Since Pontiac and Saturn have been shuttered, owners will be able to go to another GM-brand dealership to have their vehicles repaired.
While the list of affected cars and crossovers varies by state and model year, if you own any of these models and live in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Oklahoma or Texas, be sure to check the official notice below for more details.
General Motors is recalling some 426,240 sedans that may have a faulty transmission shift cable, according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report this morning. The recall concerns a fault within four-speed automatic transmissions equipped on 2007-2010 Saturn Aura models, and 2008-2010 Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 models.
The report specifies that tabs on the transmission shift cable may fracture and separate. Such a fault could cause a discrepancy between the actual position of the transmission and the apparent position of the shift lever.
GM is currently working to notify owners of the vehicles in question, and dealers will check and replace shift cables free of charge. Scroll down to read the complete NHTSA report.
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:58:00 EST
Do not adjust your computer screen, you are not seeing the rebirth of the Pontiac brand. General Motors has chosen to use a G8 to disguise a test mule for the latest prototype of the forthcoming Chevrolet SS. The G8 was closely related to the Holden Commodore and Vauxhall VXR, the platform upon which the new Chevrolet performance model will be based. It should come as little surprise, then, that GM has opted to use the cladding from the former G8.
Thought the front clip of this mule is pure Pontiac, note the vents immediately behind the front wheel. That is a distinctive design hallmark of the Vauxhall VXR. Also note that this vehicle is right-hand drive, as the Holden and its Chevy counterpart will be very closely related. That likely includes potential drivetrains. The spy photos of this mule also reveal very wide rear tires, and rear wheels that do not match the fronts.
It happens every year. We bid adieu to some cars and trucks that will be missed, and say good riddance to others wondering how they stayed around so long. Whether they're being killed off for slow sales or due to a new product coming along to replace them, the list of vehicles being discontinued after 2012 is surprisingly long and diverse.
CNN Money has compiled a list of departing vehicles, to which we've added a few more of our own. In the slow sales column, cars like the Lexus HS 250h, Mercedes-Benz R-Class and the full Maybach lineup appear, while the Ford Escape Hybrid, Mazda CX-7 and Hyundai Veracruz are all having their gaps filled with more modern and more fuel-efficient alternatives. Obvious exceptions to the rule include models that still sell in decent numbers like the Jeep Liberty and the Chrysler Town & Country (which will eventually be replaced by a crossover-like vehicle).
Check out our gallery of discontinued cars above, then scroll down for more information.
After a door-fire investigation that dates back to February, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has officially announced a recall today that affects around 250,000 General Motors SUVs for a faulty driver's door module. The recall applies to the Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender and Saab 9-7X from the 2006 and 2007 model years, as well as the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL for vehicles sold and/or registered in the Snow Belt.
Road salt use in these midwestern and northern states can lead to corrosion of the driver's door module on these GMT360 and GMT370 vehicles, which allows water to come in contact with the circuit board. If shorted out, the vehicle's power door locks and power windows will not work, and could possibly lead to overheating and, in some circumstances, a fire. No official word on how many total vehicles caught on fire, but back in June, 28 fires had been reported to the government agency. A fix for the problem is still being worked out, but all affected vehicle owners will be notified by GM.
Scroll down for the official NHTSA statement.
If you are a big fan of automotive oddities, this may come as a little treat. If you are a Shelby or Mustang diehard, prepare to have your sensibilities violated.
The master fabricators at BigDaddyCustoms are the minds behind what you see above. At first, it appears to be a slightly misshapen custom Mustang, modeled after "Eleanor" from Gone In 60 Seconds, but upon further examination, something appears to be amiss. In fact, the custom shop, based in India, has created an Eleanor replica grafted upon a lowly Chevrolet Optra. While it may take a second for the Optra to ring a bell, you should recognize its badge-engineered sibling, the Daewoo Lacetti, used on Top Gear.
We don't know what star would opt for the Reasonably Priced Car in Shelby's clothing, but it's clearly someone more concerned with the aesthetic than the performance credentials of this automotive mash-up.
'Tis the season... for road salt. And with that, comes rust. And what does rust bring? Well, for Ford and General Motors, a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation. According to The Detroit News, NHTSA is looking into potential recalls issues with Chevrolet Express vans and Ford Freestar minivans.
The feds have received five complaints that rust has caused leaking fuel filler pipes on 2003 Express vans. Separately, seven complaints have been filed over excessive rust in the rear wheel wells of 2004 Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans. The Freestar and Monterey went out of production in 2007. Neither issue has resulted in any crashes or injuries, according to the report.