- White 1 owner crew cab gas auto cloth financing warranty new tires extras clean(US $23,900.00)
- 2006 silverado 2500 regular cab 4x2!flatbed w/litegate(US $10,900.00)
- Clean carfax v8 extended cab running boards bedliner(US $8,950.00)
- 2006 chev ext cab silverado 2500 hd 4x4 6.0 vortec just traded $11999 buy now !(US $11,999.00)
- Crew cab 6.0 gas engine auto cloth financing low miles new tires extras rare(US $17,900.00)
- 2012 chevrolet silverado 2500hd 4wd crew cab 153.7" ltz
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500hd reg cab 133" wb 2wd work truck
- 1981 chevrolet duelly pickup 1 ton. duelly wheels. very fast! 3 speed.
- Awesome 2005 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd 4x4 ext cab runs perfect clean title
- 2008 chevy silverado duramax/allison 4x4 crew cab short bed lt clean like new!!!(US $23,500.00)
- 2005 silverado 2500hd, 69k miles, loaded, leather, sunroof, dvd(US $30,990.00)
- 2007 chevrolet silverado 2500hd ''classic'' ls extended cab 4x4, 6.6 t diesel(US $14,995.00)
- 2014 ltz crew 4x4 z71 navigation sunroof leather heated 20s aluminum diesel(US $56,512.00)
- Chevy silverado 2500hd ext cab 4wd 2004(US $15,000.00)
- 2010 chevy 2500 lt silverado crew cab diesel
- 2500hd 4x4 ls/lt extended cab(US $7,000.00)
- 2005 chevrolet ls
- 1996 silverado 2500 extended cab truck w long bed turbo diesel 5 speed
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500hd lt1 diesel
- 2007 chevrolet silverado 2500hd classic lt2 crew cab diesel
- 2004 chevy silverado 2500hd extended cab four wheel drive pick up truck
- 2000 c2500 ls extended cab lb hd diesel surveillance covert opps truck(US $18,000.00)
- 2004 chevrolet silverado ls 2500hd crew cab 4x4 only 25k miles ( mint ! )
- 2007 chevy 2500 heavy duty stake body 1owner only44k clean runs great ready4work
- 1995 chevy 2500 4x4
- 2004 chevy 2500hd diesel two wheel drive ls crew bose lly texas truck(US $14,780.00)
- 2009 chev silverado 2500 4x4 crew cab with only 28k miles in like new cond.
- 2006 silverado hd-2500 duramax(US $28,000.00)
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt crew cab pickup 4-door 6.0l(US $8,400.00)
- Duramax diesel grille xd wheels leather rocky mountain sirius lifted we finance(US $27,981.00)
- Best deals on ebay serviced 8ft steel bed folding sides and rear gate with ramps(US $10,895.00)
- 2010 ltz 6.0 v8 navigation 4x4 crew cab heated leather onstar bose sunroof(US $35,825.00)
- 2002 chevy silverado 2500hd ext cab side steps only 56k texas direct auto(US $14,980.00)
- 2004 chevy chevrolet silverado 2500 8' stahl utility service body v8 no reserve!
- 2002 chevy 2500hd, solid truck, not rusted, automatic, needs motor
- Great deal! 6.0 vortec gas! runs great ! you will not beat this price $$$$$$(US $7,990.00)
- 2008 chevy silverado 2500 lt crew z71 4x4 lifted 44k mi texas direct auto(US $32,980.00)
- New*crew 2500hd*8 foot box*4x4*6.0 v8*$479 a month*w/t*pwr windows*cruise(US $35,211.00)
- No reserve | 2004 chevy 2500hd lt | crew cab 4x4 | duramax diesel | xxtra clean!
- Save at empire chevy on this new crew cab ltz z71 appearance duramax gps dvd 4x4(US $57,488.00)
- 2012 chevy silverado 2500hd ltz z71 package crew cab longbed diesel 4wd nav roof(US $47,995.00)
- 13 chevy silverado 2500hd 4x4 duramax diesel save big, demo!! nav roof dvd 20's(US $49,352.00)
- 13 new chevy 2500hd, additional savings available! call!, diesel, 4x4, 4wd(US $46,799.00)
- 206 chevy silverado 2500 - lt3 - lbz duramax diesel - 4x4 -lifted - $xtras$ l@@k(US $20,999.00)
- 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd lt 2wd allison quad long-bed 6.6l diesel onstar lqqk(US $12,495.00)
- 2006 chevy silverado 2500 hd w/ lbz duramax diesel crew cab w/ 11" lift black(US $32,500.00)
- 2006 chevy silverado 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab
- 6.6 liter v-8, dura max diesel, open utility body, 4 wd, 1 owner
- 4wd one owner ranch hand grill guard bedliner cruise(US $13,950.00)
- Black beauty low miles excellent condition. 4x4 duramax crew cab(US $43,500.00)
- 2005 chevrolet silverado 2500hd ext cab long bed 4x4 duramax-hiniker snow plow(US $21,500.00)
- Chevrolet silverado lt 2500hd crew cab 4x4 56k mi extended warranty all original(US $20,900.00)
- Chevrolet silverado 2500 duramax quad cab lt2- 2wd(US $27,900.00)
- 206 pix_4x4_6sp allison auto_efi live!_mbrp!_xm_lthr_285's_1-ownr_2" lift_look!!(US $28,990.00)
- 2 owner 07 chevy 2500 silverado ext.cab power 4x4 auto extra clean tx rust free
- 2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd monster truck 4x4(US $18,999.00)
Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Price Analytics
About Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Though "HD" has become common parlance, rest assured that the HD part of Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD does not, in fact, involve a television. In this case we're talking the old-fashioned meaning of HD: "Heavy Duty." The 2500HD is a true workhorse meant for big-league power, towing and hauling capabilities.
For years, Chevy trucks were soundly criticized for their lackluster cabins filled with hard plastics and poor fit and finish. The Silverado's most recent redesign introduced a radically improved interior that enhanced the big pickup's desirability (though it's starting to feel a little stark compared to newer rivals). Even so, it will always be this truck's durability and tremendous hauling and towing abilities that have kept generations of Chevy loyalists coming back to the gold bowtie. For an intermediate heavy-duty pickup, it's hard to go wrong with the Silverado 2500HD.
Current Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The Silverado 2500HD is available in regular-, extended- or crew cab designs, with a long or short wheelbase and with rear- or four-wheel drive. The extended and crew-cab body styles are offered in three trim levels: Work Truck, LT and the top-line LTZ. The regular cabin can only be had in Work Truck and LT trims.
Standard on all Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD pickups is a 6.0-liter V8 that makes 360 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque, paired to a six-speed automatic transmission. The optional Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 makes 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque. That powerhouse is paired with a beefier Allison six-speed automatic transmission.
In a comparison test of heavy-duty pickups, the mechanically identical GMC Sierra HD came out on top against its Dodge and Ford competitors. Though we found its cabin less inviting, the big GM trucks' recently revised frame, suspension and diesel engines proved hard to beat. Although multigenerational brand loyalty may dictate what heavy-duty pickup you take home, sticking with (or switching to) the Silverado 2500HD is a solid decision.
Used Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The present-generation Chevy Silverado 2500HD debuted for 2007. Even though its appearance has remained largely unchanged, 2500HD models produced prior to 2011 lacked the stronger, fully boxed frame, beefier suspension components and additional electronic aids added for that model year. The Duramax diesel engine also produced 365 hp and 660 lb-ft of torque, as compared to the current model's more powerful iteration. Prior to 2010, the 6.0-liter gasoline V8 produced 353 hp and 373 lb-ft of torque. Other changes were restricted to feature availability, most notably the addition of an optional rearview camera for 2009.
The previous-generation Silverado 2500HD was sold from 2001-'06 and lived on for one additional year as the "Classic." There was a heavy-duty package available for the light-duty Silverado 2500 in 1999 and 2000.
In terms of updates, there were changes made to exterior and interior styling for 2003, with further exterior tweaks for 2005. These trucks came in standard, Work Truck (after 2003), LS and LT trim levels. The standard engine was a 6.0-liter V8 that made 300 hp and 360 lb-ft of torque. There were two optional engines: an 8.1-liter gasoline V8 producing 340 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque and a 6.6-liter turbodiesel producing 300 hp and 520 lb-ft.
This diesel was upgraded in 2006 for more power (360 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque), added refinement and fewer emissions. These engines carried over for the Classic. A five-speed manual transmission was standard with the 6.0-liter V8, with a four-speed automatic optional. The 8.1-liter V8 and the 6.6-liter diesel came with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic (which became a six-speed for 2006).
As with the current Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, we were always impressed by this generation's powerful engine lineup and substantial towing and hauling abilities. It was a reasonably comfortable truck for everyday use, but don't expect the plush ride of its light-duty siblings. Any of the three available engines will provide swift acceleration and ample towing power, but the diesel V8 is probably the best choice for those who tow heavy loads -- especially the more powerful 2006 Duramax. Our principal beef concerns the shoddy interior design, materials and build quality. Chevy improved it gradually during its lifespan, but it was never quite up to snuff.
Prior to this, Chevrolet heavy-duty pickups ran from 1988-2000 and were simply known by their number nomenclature -- 2500 (3/4-ton) and 3500 (1-ton). In keeping with tradition, one could choose either rear-wheel drive (indicated by a "C", e.g. "C2500") or four-wheel drive (indicated by a "K"). Trim levels for these C/K2500 trucks include the base Cheyenne and top-line Silverado, which later changed to base and LS for 1999. Strengths of these trucks include strong, durable powertrains, while weaknesses center on sketchy build quality and materials within the cabin.
Auto blogFri, 24 Aug 2012 14:58:00 EST
It happens every year. We bid adieu to some cars and trucks that will be missed, and say good riddance to others wondering how they stayed around so long. Whether they're being killed off for slow sales or due to a new product coming along to replace them, the list of vehicles being discontinued after 2012 is surprisingly long and diverse.
CNN Money has compiled a list of departing vehicles, to which we've added a few more of our own. In the slow sales column, cars like the Lexus HS 250h, Mercedes-Benz R-Class and the full Maybach lineup appear, while the Ford Escape Hybrid, Mazda CX-7 and Hyundai Veracruz are all having their gaps filled with more modern and more fuel-efficient alternatives. Obvious exceptions to the rule include models that still sell in decent numbers like the Jeep Liberty and the Chrysler Town & Country (which will eventually be replaced by a crossover-like vehicle).
Check out our gallery of discontinued cars above, then scroll down for more information.
After a door-fire investigation that dates back to February, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has officially announced a recall today that affects around 250,000 General Motors SUVs for a faulty driver's door module. The recall applies to the Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender and Saab 9-7X from the 2006 and 2007 model years, as well as the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL for vehicles sold and/or registered in the Snow Belt.
Road salt use in these midwestern and northern states can lead to corrosion of the driver's door module on these GMT360 and GMT370 vehicles, which allows water to come in contact with the circuit board. If shorted out, the vehicle's power door locks and power windows will not work, and could possibly lead to overheating and, in some circumstances, a fire. No official word on how many total vehicles caught on fire, but back in June, 28 fires had been reported to the government agency. A fix for the problem is still being worked out, but all affected vehicle owners will be notified by GM.
Scroll down for the official NHTSA statement.
If you are a big fan of automotive oddities, this may come as a little treat. If you are a Shelby or Mustang diehard, prepare to have your sensibilities violated.
The master fabricators at BigDaddyCustoms are the minds behind what you see above. At first, it appears to be a slightly misshapen custom Mustang, modeled after "Eleanor" from Gone In 60 Seconds, but upon further examination, something appears to be amiss. In fact, the custom shop, based in India, has created an Eleanor replica grafted upon a lowly Chevrolet Optra. While it may take a second for the Optra to ring a bell, you should recognize its badge-engineered sibling, the Daewoo Lacetti, used on Top Gear.
We don't know what star would opt for the Reasonably Priced Car in Shelby's clothing, but it's clearly someone more concerned with the aesthetic than the performance credentials of this automotive mash-up.
'Tis the season... for road salt. And with that, comes rust. And what does rust bring? Well, for Ford and General Motors, a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation. According to The Detroit News, NHTSA is looking into potential recalls issues with Chevrolet Express vans and Ford Freestar minivans.
The feds have received five complaints that rust has caused leaking fuel filler pipes on 2003 Express vans. Separately, seven complaints have been filed over excessive rust in the rear wheel wells of 2004 Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans. The Freestar and Monterey went out of production in 2007. Neither issue has resulted in any crashes or injuries, according to the report.
Bob Lutz sits down for Autoline Detroit - Click above to watch video after the jump
Autoline Detroit recently played host to Bob Lutz, and, as is always the case, the former General Motors vice chairman dished out some great commentary. Lutz was promoting his new book Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business, and talk quickly turned to his role as it related to product development and high-level decision making at GM. While on the topic of brand management, Lutz revealed a few rather interesting tidbits about his former employer:
All Chevrolet vehicles were required to have five-spoke aluminum wheels and a chrome band up front, as part of the Bowtie brand's overall image.
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:28:00 EST
Chevrolet Camaro in Korea - Click above for high-resolution image
There once was a time when Daewoo was one of the biggest companies in South Korea. It was larger than both LG and Samsung, and second only to Hyundai. But these days the name is all but gone.
Chevrolet Cruze EV - Click above for high-res image gallery
The Chevrolet Volt hasn't yet gone on sale, but General Motors is looking at ways of expanding its electric vehicle lineup. Chevy, along with partner LG, is employing a group of all-electric cars in the form of the Cruze. The sedans are part of a demonstration fleet which is located in Seoul, South Korea and is being used to provide data in an electric vehicle research project. The goal is to gather information on driving patterns and charging behavior in addition to consumer acceptance.
The Cruze EVs, along with some Daewoo Lacetti Premieres EVs, are the first fleet of full-size electric vehicles and should provide invaluable information for The General. Staying full-size means not sacrificing cargo space, so the battery pack is mounted to the underbody, leaving the trunk area open for plenty recyclable, canvas grocery bags.
2010 Buick Enclave - Click above for high-res image gallery
The summer of 2010's recall hit parade continues unabated today, with General Motors having just announced that it is asking 243,403 owners of its 2009-2010 Lambda crossovers to bring their three-row haulers in for inspection. The culprit? Second-row seat belts in select Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Saturn Outlook CUVs have "failed to perform properly in a crash."
According to GM, a second-row seat-side trim piece is to blame, as it can impede the upward rotation of the buckle after the seat is folded flat. As a result, if the buckle makes contact with the seat frame, cosmetic damage can occur, potentially requiring additional force to operate the buckle properly. So far, no great shakes, but in the process of applying that additional force, the occupant may push the buckle cover down to the strap, potentially revealing and depressing the red release button. As a result of this, the belt may not latch, or in certain cases, it may actually appear to be latched when, in fact, it isn't.
Chevrolet Camaro goes to South Korea - Click above for high-res image
General Motors decided several years ago to begin heavily promoting Chevrolet as its global mainstream brand even in markets where its existing brands like Opel and Daewoo were a dominant force. Today, at the Busan Motor Show in South Korea, GM Daewoo president Mike Arcamone announced that the Camaro would lead the way in GM's efforts to market Chevrolet in South Korea.
For now at least Chevrolet and Daewoo-branded vehicles will coexist in the Korean market. However, while we were in China last week GM officials told us that the Daewoo brand, which has been somewhat tainted by past quality issues, would eventually be phased out in favor of Chevrolet. When the new Aveo launches next year it will likely be badged as a Chevrolet even though GM Daewoo is in charge of engineering the car.