- Chevrolet silverado 2500hd work truck new truck automatic 6.0l 8 cyl engine summ(US $33,440.00)
- We spent $1,620 in repairs and recondition expenses-diesel-heated leather-bose!(US $23,982.00)
- 2008 2500 4x4 crew cab 6.6l duramax turbo diesel allison auto sunroof leather(US $29,980.00)
- 2007 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd crew cab pickup 4-door 6.6l work truck(US $19,500.00)
- 06 chevy 2500 lt3 4x4 leather heated seats crew cab warranty we finance texas(US $14,490.00)
- 08 chevy 2500 ltz 4x4 duramax diesel crew cab leather heat seat we finance texas(US $24,995.00)
- 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd duramax diesel crew cab short bed(US $31,999.00)
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt crew cab pickup 4-door 6.6l(US $23,900.00)
- Chevrolet silverado 2500hd work truck new crew cab truck automatic 6.0l 8 cyl su(US $40,820.00)
- 4wd texas power control audio cruise trailer hitch cloth interior flexfuel(US $29,988.00)
- 2015 silverado 2500 4wd ltz crew cab/duramax diesel
- 13 chevy silverado 2500hd duramax diesel low miles custom katzkin leather seats
- 2011 lifted duramax on 37s no reserve!!!!!
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500hd lt-3 crew cab short bed duramax diesel 4x4-dvd(US $19,500.00)
- 2002 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.6l duramax diesel 4x4(US $10,650.00)
- 2009 2500 4x4 z71 crew cab lt duramax turbo diesel allison auto 20" wheels nice(US $30,983.00)
- 2009 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd duramax diesel(US $38,500.00)
- Silverado classic hd white, 8 foot utility bed, royal, with ladder rack(US $16,500.00)
- 2008 silverado 2500 4x4 z71 crew cab lt 6.0l vortec v8 auto tow pkg short bed(US $18,981.00)
- 2009 chevy 2500 hd quad ex cab 4x4 automatic pickup work truck 3/4 ton toolbox(US $10,950.00)
- Clean low miles bed mat fuel tank power seats heated trailer brake onstar xm(US $17,981.00)
- 4x4 ltz new nav heated cooled leather duramax 2013 2014 2015 sunroof camera 6.6l(US $55,430.00)
- **extra sharp chevrolet 2500 hd z71 4x4 like new condition(US $34,900.00)
- Chevy silverado 2500hd ls extended cab,cloth interior,ranch hand grille,gr8!!(US $11,980.00)
- 4x4 ltz new nav heated cooled black duramax 2013 2014 2015 camera leather(US $52,550.00)
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd ls standard cab pickup 2-door 6.0l(US $15,000.00)
- Silverado 2500 hd lt extended cab 4-door 6.6l diesel duramax alison trans texas(US $12,488.00)
- 04 chevy 2500hd 4x4 gas ext cab certified warranty we finance texas(US $11,990.00)
- 2004 chevy silverado 2500hd lt duramax lly(US $21,500.00)
- 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt crew cab pickup 4-door 6.6l diesel(US $14,900.00)
- Chevy silverado 2500 hd crewcab lt 4x4 6.0 v8 red exterior,grey/black interior(US $25,000.00)
- 2013 2500hd crew z71 4x4 xm onstar nice!(US $27,650.00)
- 2005 chevy silverado crew cab - long bed - 6.6l duramax diesel - lly - allison(US $13,900.00)
- 2013 ltz used turbo 6.6l v8 32v automatic 4wd pickup truck onstar bose(US $44,980.00)
- 09 silverado 2500 z71 4wd ltz crewcab shortbed duramax diesel loaded 1txowner!(US $18,995.00)
- Exceptional-duramax diesel-allison-navigation-kenwood-iphone-line x bedliner!(US $22,992.00)
- 00 chevy silverado 2500
- Rust free southern cab & rolling chassis frame stripped cab and frame only!!!!!!(US $800.00)
- 2010 chevy silverado 2500 hd reg cab v8 long bed 22k mi texas direct auto(US $17,980.00)
- 2007 chevrolet silverado 2500hd classic lt2 4x4 diesel
- 2007 chevy 2500hd diesel 4x4 lt3 heated leather bose texas truck(US $26,980.00)
- Lt diesel 6.6l cd 4x4 tow hooks all-season tires
- Chevrolet silverado 2500 lt new truck automatic 6.0l v8 sfi ohv 16v summit wht(US $38,005.00)
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500hd work truck 4x4 manual trans
- Chevrolet silverado 2500hd ltz new automatic diesel vortec 6.0l vvt v8 sfi e8 si(US $63,790.00)
- 2012 chevrolet silverado 2500hd work truck long box diesel 4x4
- 2009 4wd texas auto power control bluetooth climate black cloth interior remote(US $26,988.00)
- Lifted 2013 chevy 2500hd crew cab duramax diesel lt....lifted chevy silverado(US $48,995.00)
- Extended cab 8 foot reading box, ladder racks and plow. low miles, like new.
- 2004 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd lt crew cab pickup 4-door 6.6l(US $23,000.00)
- 2010 chevy silverado 2500 6.6 duramax crew cab 4x4(US $28,999.00)
- 2001 chevy 2500hd with reading utility 6.0 v-8 auto trans 77k org mi no reserve
- 2005 chevy 2500hd diesel blue crew cab 4x4 w/ headache rack, brush guard, & more(US $16,950.00)
- 2006 chevrolet silverado 2500hd lt1 4x4 diesel
- 2009 chevrolet silverado 2500hd 4wd crew cab lt te(US $16,950.00)
- 2007 chevy 2500 hd 4x4 duramax(US $15,250.00)
- 2008 silverado 2500 4wd crew cab(US $43,000.00)
- Used 2008 chevrolet silverado 2500hd extended cab utility service body truck lt
- 2012 silver chevrolet silverado hd ltz - 4 door(US $46,500.00)
- 2006 chevy 2500hd diesel 4x4 lt1 crew lifted one owner(US $24,885.00)
Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Price Analytics
About Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Though "HD" has become common parlance, rest assured that the HD part of Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD does not, in fact, involve a television. In this case we're talking the old-fashioned meaning of HD: "Heavy Duty." The 2500HD is a true workhorse meant for big-league power, towing and hauling capabilities.
For years, Chevy trucks were soundly criticized for their lackluster cabins filled with hard plastics and poor fit and finish. The Silverado's most recent redesign introduced a radically improved interior that enhanced the big pickup's desirability (though it's starting to feel a little stark compared to newer rivals). Even so, it will always be this truck's durability and tremendous hauling and towing abilities that have kept generations of Chevy loyalists coming back to the gold bowtie. For an intermediate heavy-duty pickup, it's hard to go wrong with the Silverado 2500HD.
Current Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The Silverado 2500HD is available in regular-, extended- or crew cab designs, with a long or short wheelbase and with rear- or four-wheel drive. The extended and crew-cab body styles are offered in three trim levels: Work Truck, LT and the top-line LTZ. The regular cabin can only be had in Work Truck and LT trims.
Standard on all Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD pickups is a 6.0-liter V8 that makes 360 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque, paired to a six-speed automatic transmission. The optional Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 makes 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque. That powerhouse is paired with a beefier Allison six-speed automatic transmission.
In a comparison test of heavy-duty pickups, the mechanically identical GMC Sierra HD came out on top against its Dodge and Ford competitors. Though we found its cabin less inviting, the big GM trucks' recently revised frame, suspension and diesel engines proved hard to beat. Although multigenerational brand loyalty may dictate what heavy-duty pickup you take home, sticking with (or switching to) the Silverado 2500HD is a solid decision.
Used Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The present-generation Chevy Silverado 2500HD debuted for 2007. Even though its appearance has remained largely unchanged, 2500HD models produced prior to 2011 lacked the stronger, fully boxed frame, beefier suspension components and additional electronic aids added for that model year. The Duramax diesel engine also produced 365 hp and 660 lb-ft of torque, as compared to the current model's more powerful iteration. Prior to 2010, the 6.0-liter gasoline V8 produced 353 hp and 373 lb-ft of torque. Other changes were restricted to feature availability, most notably the addition of an optional rearview camera for 2009.
The previous-generation Silverado 2500HD was sold from 2001-'06 and lived on for one additional year as the "Classic." There was a heavy-duty package available for the light-duty Silverado 2500 in 1999 and 2000.
In terms of updates, there were changes made to exterior and interior styling for 2003, with further exterior tweaks for 2005. These trucks came in standard, Work Truck (after 2003), LS and LT trim levels. The standard engine was a 6.0-liter V8 that made 300 hp and 360 lb-ft of torque. There were two optional engines: an 8.1-liter gasoline V8 producing 340 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque and a 6.6-liter turbodiesel producing 300 hp and 520 lb-ft.
This diesel was upgraded in 2006 for more power (360 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque), added refinement and fewer emissions. These engines carried over for the Classic. A five-speed manual transmission was standard with the 6.0-liter V8, with a four-speed automatic optional. The 8.1-liter V8 and the 6.6-liter diesel came with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic (which became a six-speed for 2006).
As with the current Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, we were always impressed by this generation's powerful engine lineup and substantial towing and hauling abilities. It was a reasonably comfortable truck for everyday use, but don't expect the plush ride of its light-duty siblings. Any of the three available engines will provide swift acceleration and ample towing power, but the diesel V8 is probably the best choice for those who tow heavy loads -- especially the more powerful 2006 Duramax. Our principal beef concerns the shoddy interior design, materials and build quality. Chevy improved it gradually during its lifespan, but it was never quite up to snuff.
Prior to this, Chevrolet heavy-duty pickups ran from 1988-2000 and were simply known by their number nomenclature -- 2500 (3/4-ton) and 3500 (1-ton). In keeping with tradition, one could choose either rear-wheel drive (indicated by a "C", e.g. "C2500") or four-wheel drive (indicated by a "K"). Trim levels for these C/K2500 trucks include the base Cheyenne and top-line Silverado, which later changed to base and LS for 1999. Strengths of these trucks include strong, durable powertrains, while weaknesses center on sketchy build quality and materials within the cabin.
Auto blogMon, 18 Aug 2014 09:00:00 EST
For the 2015-model-year, Chevrolet introduces Valet Mode for the Corvette, an enhancement to the Performance Data Recorder (PDR) already available and to your peace of mind. The PDR already captures 720p HD video with a windshield-mounted camera, records interior audio with a cabin microphone and gathers telemetry data using GPS, saving the data to an SD card in the glovebox. You can then watch your track-day antics with various information overlays on the center console screen.
Valet Mode will let you hit 'Replay' when your car gets pulled up front smelling vaguely of fricasseed clutch. Turned on by entering a four-digit code, it also locks the interior storage spaces and turns off the infotainment system. It can't be turned off until the code is re-entered. There's a press release below with more information as well as a video that explains how it works, with the obligatory dig at the 'Vette's biggest foe.
Kenneth Feinberg, the man in charge of the General Motors compensation fund dealing with the its widespread ignition switch woes, has issued an informal, two-letter response to the plaintiffs in more than 70 lawsuits seeking redress for lost resale value of their Cobalts: "No." The cases were recently combined into one, but Feinberg told The Detroit News that the fund will deal "only with death and physical injury claims," and that "perceived diminished value" will get no consideration.
ALG, the firm specializing in establishing residual values, determined that Cobalt owners had lost $300 compared to the segment competition and doesn't envision any long-term effects from the recall situation. Feinberg's statement comes in advance of public details on how the compensation fund will work and adheres to GM's long-held position on the matter. The company has already asked a judge to throw out such suits using the pre-bankruptcy defense, even as it stopped using that defense in cases of injury and death.
With plenty of potential gain from the GM suit, however, don't expect the plaintiffs to give up yet. When Toyota was sued for the same reason during the unintended acceleration debacle, it eventually settled the case for between $1 billion and $1.4 billion just to get it over with. Since the 85 law firms involved in the Toyota litigation took home more than $250 million of that total, we shouldn't expect the attorneys to give up on a GM payout, either.
Callaway showed off its first tuned version of the 2014 Corvette Stingray at the National Corvette Museum last week, giving the rampant enthusiasts of America's sports car a look at the roughly 620-horsepower, supercharged rocket.
Unlike the Corvette SC610 we showed you back in January, this Stingray packs a fair bit more oomph. Horsepower is only up ten ponies, but torque has jumped from 556 pound-feet to "at least" 600 pound-feet. Neither horsepower nor torque is official quite yet, although Callaway is expecting to know just what its creation can do once testing and validation is completed later this month.
The 6.2-liter, supercharged V8 now boasts a new, three-element intercooler, which Callaway claims only allowed the inlet air temperature to increase by ten degrees Fahrenheit during dyno runs. Previous designs saw a 35-degree-Fahrenheit jump. The exhaust system has also been fettled with, and now is even less restrictive.
It was 1966 when Chevrolet launched its challenger to the wildly successful Ford Mustang, the Camaro. While the competition between the two brands was already healthy, the arrival of the Camaro set off one of the most intense, model-to-model rivalries in the industry.
That competitive spirit hasn't stopped Chevy and the Camaro from wishing Ford's iconic muscle car a Happy 50th Birthday as the Ford's April 17 anniversary rolls around. These two cars have been linked over the years, and while the rivalry took a break for a few years in the 2000s, today's competition between the Camaro and Mustang is as fierce as it's ever been.
You might recall that this friendliness when it comes to major milestones isn't too rare. Ford put on quite a display for General Motors' hundredth anniversary back in 2008. As the Camaro's fiftieth birthday approaches in 2016, we wouldn't be surprised to see the Mustang sending its best wishes to its Bowtie rival.
Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:00:00 EST
Supercharged, 6.2-liter V8? Check. Seven-speed manual? Check. Obsession with weight? Check.
What did you expect when Chevrolet said it was bringing a new Corvette variant to the 2014 New York Auto Show? Maybe a sticker and trim package, like the C6 Corvette Grand Sport or a tie-in deal like the Black Widow car from Chicago? On the opposite end, maybe there was an even more hardcore Z06 waiting in the wings. Who knew?
It's been a good week for heavy-duty truck buyers. First, Ram revealed the Black Package for its HD trucks, then it rolled out its new Power Wagon, and now Chevy's getting in on the action with its Silverado High Country HD. Okay, so it may not pack quite the attitude of Ram's latest 2500-series offerings, but the High Country HD will come as a welcome addition to the Chevy Trucks range to those looking to pull their horse, boat or other trailer without skimping on creature comforts.
Rolled out a little under a year ago, the High Country trim is Chevy's answer to the likes of the GMC Denali, Ford King Ranch and Ram Longhorn. It has until now only been offered on the light duty, 1500-series Silverado, but now extends to the 2500 and 3500-series HD models, as well.
So what sets a High Country pickup apart from lesser Chevy trucks? You'll be able to pick it out based on its chrome horizontal grille, body-color bumpers, 6-inch tubular side steps, 20-inch chrome wheels (18-inch on the 3500 and 17-inch on the dualie) and, of course, plenty of special badging. But it's inside where the High Country makes its mark, with a cabin decked out in saddle brown perforated leather, seats that are both heated and cooled, eight-inch touchscreen with full MyLink suite, Bose audio and park assist functions front and rear to keep those color-keyed bumpers looking fresh. (Though Chevy hasn't yet showed us the interior of the HD model, it'll presumably look mostly the same as the cab in the 1500 High Country in the gallery below.)
The current wait time for a new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is well, not short. With word of a strike at the Bowling Green, KY factory responsible for seventh-generation sports car, though, that wait time could end up growing substantially.
Now, a strike is still a ways off. UAW Local 2164, which represents the 800 workers responsible for screwing the Corvette together, is set to vote on authorizing a strike today, but even if the employees give the action a go, it's far from a sure thing. According to The Tennessean, both regional and national union officials would need to put their stamp of approval on strike action.
"The membership has to vote to strike, but it's just a step in the process," said Gary Casteel, the UAW's Region 8 director and one of the people that would need to authorize a strike action. Casteel told The Tennessean, "It's purely a local situation, though. They are having some issues with the local management."
If you don't wish to know who won the 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona, you should avert your eyes right now. We'll even give you a double-space to skedaddle...
For those of you still with us, the first race in the United SportsCar Championship (USCC) is done, but the discussions about it certainly won't end for a while. Daytona Prototypes claimed the first four overall places, the top spot taken by the No. 5 Action Express Coyote-Chevrolet Corvette DP driven by Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi, Sebastien Bourdain and Burt Friselle. The 16th and final caution of the race bunched the field up for an eight-minute sprint to the flag, so the first place getter finished just 1.4 seconds ahead of the No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara-Chevrolet Corvette DP driven by Max Angelelli. Third place went to Brian Friselle in the No. 9 Action Express Chevrolet Corvette DP, 20 seconds down. Chevrolet power hasn't taken the overall win since 2003, eleven years later it scores a one-two-three-four. The No. 6 Muscle Milk/Pickett Racing ORECA-Nissan 03 scored fifth place, the top LMP2 finisher.
The Prototype Challenge class win went to the No. 54 CORE Autosport team of Colin Braun, Jon Bennett, Mark Wilkins and James Gue.
Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:30:00 EST
The Z06 is just about everything we got in the last ZR1, but better.
After a bright-yellow false start, here is the real thing: the fourth-generation, 2015 Corvette Z06. If Chevrolet makes a ZR1 version of the C7 Corvette, it's going to be absolutely mega, because the Z06 is just about everything we got in the last ZR1, but better.
The Cadillac Escalade has been at or near the top of most-stolen and insurance-loss lists for more than seven years, until it dropped to number six earlier this year. In 2011 it was fitted with a host of new security features to address its easy-to-override features and that has brought the number of thefts down, but when eight of the ten most stolen rides are large SUVs from General Motors, no one will argue that something else needs to be done.
Thus, GM has fitted this same theft-deterring tech to the 2015 Suburban, Tahoe and Yukon. The Suburban and Tahoe will get the steering lock that the Escalade and Yukon already get, plus bolted-down third-row seats to deter thefts like this, stronger door lock cylinders and shields, and side-cut keys to inhibit picking.
Additional security measures in a Theft Protection Package can be purchased for $395, consisting of sensors on the greenhouse glass and interior, an incline/tilt sensor and added "key control systems" to make it more difficult for the men in black balaclavas to steal what you bought.