- 1979 corvette coupe t - tops low original miles
- 1977 chevrolet corvette base coupe 2-door 5.7l(US $9,900.00)
- 2008 crystal red metallic 3lt coupe. one owner with 43,000 miles-mint(US $32,000.00)
- 2005 chevy corvette targa top auto htd leather hud 33k texas direct auto(US $28,980.00)
- 1965 chevrolet corvette roadster matching numbers 327 muncie 4 speed no reser
- 2006 chevy corvette 6.0l v8 auto targa top xenons 20k texas direct auto(US $28,980.00)
- 1975 chevrolet corvette stingray coupe 2-door 5.7l no reserve
- 1999 corvette coupe 49k miles torch red hud low miles chrome wheels like new
- 2009 chevrolet corvette base coupe 2-door 6.2l v8 automatic performance exhaust(US $32,000.00)
- 1974 corvette stingray l82 all original factory car 3 owners matching numbers
- 2004 chevy corvette coupe targa top active handling hud bose 6 speed 58k(US $17,920.00)
- 2005 corvette conv 3lt nav pwr top 15k miles torch red hud 6 speed low miles
- 1988 corv. - blk / blk - 25000 orig. mi - 1 owner - mint / orig / garaged 100%
- 2013 chevy corvette 427 convertible 6spd nav hud 13k mi texas direct auto(US $65,980.00)
- 2012 chevy corvette 2lt auto red leather nav hud 12k mi texas direct auto(US $42,480.00)
- 1988 chevrolet corvette base hatchback 2-door 5.7l auto(US $6,500.00)
- 1995 corvette excellent condition(US $10,500.00)
- 2008 corvette , supercharged over 500 hp , loaded , stunning car,2.29% wac(US $34,991.00)
- 10 chevy corvette zr1 3zr black 6 speed rwd navi blue brake calipers bose audio
- 1998 corvette convertible zr custom make offer on this c5(US $14,500.00)
- 1966 corvette convertible (ncrs award winning, 1 owner)(US $78,000.00)
- 2001 chevrolet corvette z06 coupe 2-door 5.7l(US $23,000.00)
- 2005 corvette conv. 3lt 1 of 401 velocity yellow nav pwr top 25k miles flawless
- Simply beautiful black 1977 chevrolet corvette t-tops red inside t tops sweet.
- Great condition, 76k miles, clean car used seasonally, v-8 crossfire injection(US $6,000.00)
- 2010 chevy corvette zr1 3zr supercharged nav hud 17k mi texas direct auto(US $73,980.00)
- 1956 corvette #64 barn fresh convertible project restoration shes selling!
- 2003 vortech supercharged chevrolet c5 z06 corvette. 61,450 miles. 600whp.(US $21,099.00)
- Z06 navigation heated leather head up 13k mi 2lz red 7.0l 505 hp 2009 2008 coupe(US $46,580.00)
- 2004 chevrolet corvette,loaded,adult owned,stunning,2.99%wac(US $18,491.00)
- 2007 chevrolet corvette 3lt convertible 2-door 6.0l triple black
- 1980 chevrolet corvette l-82
- Black red calipers pristine ebony leather 6.2l chevy 2012 2011 2013 automatic(US $42,800.00)
- Chevrolet corvette convertible 1991(US $9,900.00)
- 2007 chevrolet corvette base coupe 2-door 6.0l(US $28,000.00)
- 1996 chevrolet corvette base convertible 2-door 5.7l(US $11,000.00)
- 2001 conv.- rare ylw / blk 6 spd - museum delivery 1/577 - orig. & mint cond.
- Rare color combo1978 chevrolet corvette 25th anniversary commemorative edition
- 1975 corvette t-top stingray
- 1976 chevrolet corvette stingray coupe 2-door 5.7l(US $7,500.00)
- 2004 chevy corvette coupe targa top selective ride control hud bose 6 speed 45k(US $22,920.00)
- 2001 corvette z06 , $10,000 spent in upgrades , no excuses , built to enjoy!!(US $26,881.00)
- 2008 chevrolet corvette z06 coupe 2-door 7.0l(US $62,000.00)
- 6 speed heads up display loaded leather glass top(US $33,999.00)
- 1995 corvette.. no reserve.. $1 starting bid .. polo green & tan leather
- 1973 corvette stingray chevrolet rare matching numbers original low miles blue
- 1968 chevrolet corvette convertible bronze # 992 327/350 hp engine 82,625 mi(US $24,999.97)
- 1974 corvette stingray t-top
- 1970 corvette 454 barn find ca. blue plate survivor preservation ls 5 must see
- 1978 corvette coupe (anniversary edition)(US $16,200.00)
- 1977 chevy corvette 350 4 speed t-tops a/c nice driver no reserve!!
- 3lt white red clprs power top navi nav 2012 2014 2013 heated leather head up(US $57,000.00)
- No reserve 85 corvette coupe automatic 350tpi removable roof high bid wins! fl
- 3lt grand sport z51 z16 power convertible navigation auto 2011 2012 2010 gs(US $49,880.00)
- 1995 chevrolet corvette 6 spd lingenfelter engine 475hp over $20k invested
- 1966 chevrolet corvette c2 red roadster survivor ncrs convertible
- 2005 chevrolet corvette coupe! 1ownr! preferred pkg! hres! hud! only 14k mi!(US $31,900.00)
- Low miles pristine ebony 1 owner cyber gray 2012 2013 corvette coupe automatic(US $42,000.00)
- Convertible white low miles original owner garage kept(US $15,995.00)
- 2004 chevrolet corvette base coupe 2-door 5.7l
Chevrolet Corvette Price Analytics
About Chevrolet Corvette
Often referred to as America's only true sports car, the Chevrolet Corvette is one of the world's best known and longest-running nameplates. From its rather humble six-cylinder beginnings in 1953 to today's 638-horsepower ZR1, the Corvette has transformed a lot over time, but it has always maintained the key aspects of style and performance that make a Vette a Vette.
Current Chevrolet Corvette
The latest Chevy Corvette is offered in four main trim levels: base Corvette, Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1. The regular Vette and the Grand Sport are available in removable-roof coupe and convertible body styles, while the latter two are ultrahigh-performance versions that are only available as fixed-roof coupes.
The standard Corvette and the Grand Sport come with a 6.2-liter, 430-horsepower V8 coupled to either a six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic. The Z06 comes with a 505-hp 7.0-liter V8 mated to a six-speed manual. The ZR1 moves the earth with a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 packing 638 hp and running through a six-speed manual.
Equally impressive as the Corvette's amazing performance is the car's daily driver usability. The cockpit boasts friendly ergonomics and comfortable seats. The car's hatchback body style provides massive cargo capacity, which stands at 22 cubic feet in the coupe. A choice of two suspensions (standard and optional Magnetic Ride Control with Sport and Touring modes) for the regular Corvette means there's a setup for everyone, and all provide a fairly smooth ride.
The track-ready Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1, in spite of their immense capabilities, are still docile enough to handle the daily commute without making the driver grit his teeth every time he faces stop-and-go traffic or a rough section of pavement.
In reviews from our editors, the Chevrolet Corvette earns raves for its combination of strong performance, comfortable ride, eye-catching style, affordability and relatively impressive fuel economy. Complaints involve the cabin's ho-hum interior materials, antiquated audio/navigation interface and the car's lack of nimbleness and refinement compared to other sports cars.
Used Chevrolet Corvette Models
The present-generation (C6) Corvette debuted for 2005 and boasted improvements in performance, build quality and styling compared to the earlier Corvette. A revamped suspension, especially if equipped with the available Magnetic Ride Control, provided both sharp handling and a compliant ride. Design changes included the return to exposed headlamps (first time since '62), crisper fender peaks and a visual slimming of the big rear end. The cabin was upgraded with better materials and the convertible's top could be power-operated. At its debut, it had a 6.0-liter V8 developing 400 hp.
The following year brought the 7.0-liter, 505-hp Z06 model as well as a new six-speed automatic transmission. For 2007, America's sports car received larger brakes (for Magnetic Ride-equipped versions), available two-tone leather interior and a couple of special editions including an Indy Pace Car convertible and the Ron Fellows (a successful Corvette race driver) Z06.
More power came about for the base versions in 2008 thanks to the now-current 6.2-liter V8. Chevy also made interior, manual transmission and steering improvements this year. The new ZR1 arrived for '09 and the following year saw the introduction of the Grand Sport, which essentially replaced the former Z51 handling package. Corvettes prior to 2012 featured less side bolstering for the seats, and many owners complained about the lack of support when driving aggressively around corners.
The previous Chevy Corvette (the C5) was built from 1997-2004 and marked the Corvette's transition from a capable but flawed (in terms of comfort and ergonomics) to world-class sports car. Easier to get in and out of than the C4, the C5 also boasted a new chassis that had nearly 50/50 weight distribution between the front and rear axles, a more compliant suspension, a much roomier cockpit with more supportive seats and a new "LS1" 5.7-liter V8 that made 345 hp. The transmission choices were a six-speed manual and four-speed automatic.
With a 0-60-mph time of fewer than 5 seconds and a top speed of around 175, there wasn't much that could touch this Vette short of a few big-dollar exotics from Europe. That first year saw just the hatchback body, whose styling drew barbs for its rather large hindquarters. But the benefit of the big butt was more than 20 cubic feet of cargo capacity under the rear hatch. A convertible joined the lineup for '98 and the following year brought a fixed-roof coupe. For 2001, the mighty Z06, a reincarnation of an earlier "Z06" performance package from the '60s, debuted, bringing 385 hp to an already impressive chassis. As if that weren't enough, the Z06 gained 20 hp the very next year.
Enthusiasts looking for a sports car they can live with day in and day out would be well advised to seriously consider a Chevy Corvette from this generation. Pros and cons are mostly similar to the current generation, and although the C5 has been criticized for spotty build quality, this Corvette still offers considerable bang for the buck in the used sports car marketplace.
The fourth-generation Chevrolet Corvette (C4) was available for the 1984-'96 model years. The flamboyant style of the previous generation was replaced with a leaner look, and a racetrack-ready suspension featuring lightweight alloy components debuted as well. First-year cars should be avoided, as the 5.7-liter V8 made just 205 hp with its troublesome "Crossfire Injection" setup, while the suspension was much too stiff for daily driver duty. Subsequent years saw the debut of a convertible, more power and suspension refinements. By 1990, the Corvette was a well-sorted sports car with precise handling and respectable performance from its 250-hp engine. That year also saw the debut of the ZR1 supercar, which came with a 375-hp, 5.7-liter V8. For '92, the standard Corvette gained more power via a 300-hp V8. The ZR1's output shot up to 405 hp for '93. The last year of this Corvette's generation saw the availability of a 330-hp version of the main V8.
Although the C4 is regarded as desirable in terms of performance for the price, its awkward ingress/egress, cramped cockpit and stiff ride make it a weekend toy only for all but the most ardent enthusiasts.
Auto blogSun, 30 Dec 2012 19:01:00 EST
A couple weeks ago, we watched a Chevrolet Silverado get dominated by a Dodge Ram Heavy Duty in a fullsize pickup tug-of-war, but in that truck's defense, Chevy's Vortec gas engine was no match for the torquey Cummins turbo diesel. For our next round of vehicular tug-of-war, a Duramax-powered Silverado HD takes on Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI.
Now, on paper, putting the Duramax V8's 365 horsepower and 660 pound-feet of torque up against the V10's 310 hp and 553 lb-ft looks like an easy win for the Bowtie, but unfortunately, this battle has a similar result as the Dodge versus Chevy video, with the Silverado smoking its tires trying to move forward as it gets pulled backwards. Put another way: YouTube 2, Chevy Silverado 0.
It just goes to show, though, that big tires, bolt-on fender flares and goofy smoke stacks don't improve your towing abilities. Besides, what did the Silverado driver expect when the Touareg V10 TDI has towed a Boeing 747 in the past?
General Motors has announced a recall of 118,800 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks due to the possibility of secondary hood latches not being installed at the time of manufacture. The affected vehicles are from the 2010, 2011 and 2012 model years, all of which were built between November 9, 2009 and August 28, 2012.
According to the official National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, these trucks fail to "comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 113, 'Hood Latch System.' The hood may be missing the secondary hood latch." In other words, owners of these trucks could find their vehicles' hoods opening unexpectedly while driving.
The official recall campaign is expected to begin on January 17, 2013. Dealers will inspect the affected pickups and if a secondary hood latch is not present, one will be installed free of charge. Scroll down to read the official NHTSA report.
We record Autoblog Podcast #313 tonight, and you can drop us your questions and comments regarding the rest of the week's news via our Q&A module below. Subscribe to the Autoblog Podcast in iTunes if you haven't already done so, and if you want to take it all in live, tune in to our UStream (audio only) channel at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight.
Discussion Topics for Autoblog Podcast Episode #313
2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra introduced
They say "idle hands are the devil's playground," but said playgrounds grow to Disney-sized proportions when a pair of jacked-up trucks, two egos, a chain and an empty mall parking lot are involved. Proof of this is the video below, which shows a Cummins-powered Dodge Ram circa 2006 to 2008 chained tail-to-tail with what looks to be a gasoline-powered Chevrolet Silverado from the late 1990s or early 2000s.
We don't necessarily have to tell you who wins this battle, but we'll let you see for yourself the lengths the "winning" driver goes to prove his point. There's plenty of foul language in the video below, so beware that this might be Not Safe For Work, and not that we should have to tell you, but please, do not try this at home.
Who would have ever thought there'd be a day where people are able to skip television commercials only to go to websites to watch them later? Such is the joy of a DVR and YouTube. AdWeek tabulated the 20 most-watched ads on YouTube, and found that nine were car-related including eight coming from automakers.
Volkswagen continued its Star Wars theme with two ads in the top 20, including the highest-ranking car commercial The Bark Side spot at number three with almost 18 million views, which doesn't even have a single car in it. Some of our favorites are from Chrysler with Clint Eastwood in It's Halftime in America and House Arrest with Charlie Sheen for the Fiat 500 Abarth. Chevrolet, Honda, Audi and Toyota were the other automakers in the top 20, but we'd be remiss if we didn't at least mention one of the coolest ads on the list, the Hot Wheels corkscrew jump.
Of all the car videos, only the Fiat ad wasn't played during a Super Bowl. Check out all eight videos - in order - after the jump. Nike took the top spot with its My Time is Now ad that has been seen online more than 20 million times with Pepsi's Uncle Drew posted up in the runner-up; some of the other videos include four Old Spice commercials and an ad in which Snoop Dogg is pedaling Hot Pockets.
Today was a pretty big day for General Motors, debuting the all-new Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra light-duty pickup trucks ahead of their official showcase at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show. And now that the dust has settled at GM's big reveal event, we've had a chance to snap dozens of photos of the new pickup pair from every angle.
We already told you the important bits earlier today (click here in case you missed it), but let's recap. Under the hood are three new engines - a 4.3-liter V6, 5.3-liter V8 and 6.2-liter V8 (you know, a version of the small-block that'll also be found under the hood of the C7 Corvette), all mated to six-speed automatic transmissions. The 2014 model year marks the return of the Z71 off-road package with Rancho shocks, front tow hooks and beefier underbody protection. Inside, there's a host of new technology and a greater focus on better quality and refinement.
Some of the nitty-gritty specifics (like engine output numbers and fuel economy) have yet to be revealed, and since we haven't driven the finished products yet, it's hard to say how these trucks will fare against rivals like the Ram 1500 and Ford F-150. For now, we can only judge these two books by their covers, and while we do like the designs of the new trucks, we Autoblog staffers are torn on exactly which one looks best.
General Motors has finally dropped the curtain on the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and 2014 GMC Sierra. Both trucks have undergone substantial revisions with updated versions of the company's 4.3-liter V6, 5.3-liter V8 and 6.2-liter V8 engines. In a shot across the bows of both Ford and Chrysler, GM says it won't use a V6 engine adapted from passenger car applications. Instead, it developed the 4.3-liter engine based on its proven truck-duty architecture.
All three mills will boast direct injection fuel systems as well as a new cylinder head design. Combined with a revised piston, the new engines feature a smaller combustion chamber with a compression ratio of 11:1 or higher depending on the application. Cylinder deactivation and continuously variable valve timing are all part of the recipe, and each engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission with auto grade breaking. So far, no fuel economy or horsepower figures have been released, though GM says the new engines will best their predecessors in both areas.
Outside, the trucks feature a number of enhancements to reduce drag and wind noise, and GM claims both the Silverado and Sierra will offer buyers some of the quietest cabins in the class. Extended cab models now feature front-hinged rear doors to allow easier access to the back passenger area, and Crew Cab buyers can now select between a five-foot, eight-inch bed or a six-foot, six-inch bed. Buyers with a mind toward going off road will also rejoice in the return of the Z71 package, complete with Rancho shocks, front tow hooks and additional under-body protection.
UPDATE: The trucks have been revealed. Click here for all of the official details.
As promised, Chevrolet and GMC are offering a live webcast of the world premiere for the all-new 2014 Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500. After being teased with spy shots and blurry images like the one above for ages, now is the time to see the trucks in the metal, for real (well, as 'real' as it gets on a webcast, at any rate).
Shift your eyes down just below to see the reveal as it happens, starting at 9:30 AM EST. We anticipate having loads of images full technical information to share after the webcast, too, so truck aficionados should stay tuned. We'll also be bringing you live images of both trucks too, when we see them on the show floor at next month's Detroit Auto Show.
There's not much to see here, but if you're one of those waiting for the reveal of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, above is the teaser image that Chevrolet posted on its Facebook page. We've seen the truck in form-fitting camo before, and even less can be made out here beyond those seriously punchy Silverado-esque fenders and the knowledge that the projector-beam headlamps teased previously do indeed work. We'll have to wait until Thursday for a full perusal of the "bold exterior design" and "careful attention given to every detail" we've been promised.
Gathering intel and rumors, magnesium and aluminum contribute to the Silverado's weight loss plan, the purported "High Country" top-tier trim will contribute to luxury pickup truck competition and profit margins and the next-generation small-block V8 will contribute to improved fuel economy. On the engine note, there have been rumors of available V6 engines, and when Facebook user John Jones asked "Where's your answer to that EcoBoost Chevy?", the Bowtie replied "stay tuned on the 13th. We think you'll be pleased...".
Along with the "Raise the Bar" tag, Chevrolet says of the Silverado, "You asked, we delivered." You can watch the reveal live on Chevrolet's Facebook page at 9:30 am EST, this Thursday, December 13. The GMC Sierra 1500 will also be there, and we'll see both in person at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
We all remember the financial crisis that began several years back. At its core was a splurge of subprime lending for housing loans. The housing bubble burst, triggering a collapse of the mortgage-backed securities market. Apparently, those types of loans still exist in the automotive industry, and the market share for these types of "nonprime, subprime, and deep subprime," loans has grown 13.6 percent compared to the third quarter a year ago.
According to an Automotive News report, high-risk lending expanded to 24.8 percent of total loans in Q3, up from 21.9 percent for this time last year. As this level increased, average credit scores of borrowers dropped to 755, down from 763 a year ago. In that time, the average financing amount increased $90 per vehicle, to $25,963.
At 818, Volvo maintains the highest per-owner credit score, while Mitsubishi has the lowest, at 694. The highest rate of borrowers was at Toyota, with 14 percent of the market, followed by Ford with 13.1 percent and Chevrolet at 11.1.