- 2001 chevrolet camaro z28 ss slp t-tops 6mt t-56
- 2dr coupe ls w/2ls bargain corner low miles manual gasoline 3.6l v6 cyl black
- 2002 camaro z28 ls1 t-tops low miles, new brakes, struts, a/c, p/s pump & trans(US $6,250.00)
- 2000 chevrolet camaro z28 ss convertible 2-door 5.7l(US $20,000.00)
- Chevy camaro used coupe black automatic ls clean certified power v6 low miles(US $17,200.00)
- 1968 camaro all original numbers matching car(US $35,000.00)
- 1973 chevrolet camaro base hardtop 2-door 5.0l
- 2010 chevrolet camaro ss coupe 2-door 6.2l only 11,200 miles we finance!!!!!!!!!(US $26,500.00)
- 1980 camaro z28(US $4,200.00)
- Awesome 1968 chevrolet camaro rs/ss package restored(US $29,500.00)
- 1969 camaro pro tour style car(US $75,900.00)
- 1lt convertible 3.6l cd convenience & connectivity package 7 speakers xm radio(US $23,979.00)
- 2000 chevrolet camaro z28 - one owner ls1 v8 - loaded with options - super sharp
- Camaro, chevy 1974(US $3,000.00)
- 2011 chevy camaro 2ss convertible rs auto hud 20's 12k texas direct auto(US $29,980.00)
- 2011 chevrolet camaro 2dr cpe 1ss(US $23,900.00)
- 1967 camaro,2 door coupe new crate engine,new transmission,no rust straight body(US $15,000.00)
- 2012 chevrolet camaro 2ss conv't rear-cam heated-sts 20-wheels blktop warranty(US $29,900.00)
- 2010 chevrolet camaro ss coupe wide body supercharged
- Yellow rumblbee(US $21,000.00)
- 1987 chevy iroc camaro z-28
- 2010 chevrolet camaro ss mint condition manual transmission loaded 2ss w sunroof(US $19,450.00)
- 11 camaro v8-25k-hid headlamps-xm radio-20 wheels-finance price only(US $21,995.00)
- 13 convertible back up camera xm radio heated leather keyless entry tint
- Mint 2013 chevrolet camaro zl1 fast, convertible, black, 6spd clean low mileage(US $51,000.00)
- 2010 chevrolet camaro lt coupe 2-door 3.6l(US $17,500.00)
- 1993 chevrolet camaro z28 coupe 2-door 5.7l b4c drag street race(US $8,500.00)
- Camaro ss 6.2l v8 426 h.p. brembo brakes leather interior pwr wind moonroof
- Count's kustom built camaro/built at count's kustom in las vegas in 2013(US $90,000.00)
- 350/350, rs, super clean, drives great!
- 2010 chevy camaro 2ss/rs will sell to dealer 9/19/14(US $25,500.00)
- 2013 chevrolet camaro ss coupe 2-door 6.2l southern comfort black widow edition(US $40,669.00)
- 2012 chevrolet camaro lt coupe 2-door 3.6l remote start leather 45th anniversary
- 1999 chevy camaro z28 - 37,800 miles - mint - ls1 5.7l - low miles and price!!(US $9,000.00)
- Iroc, convertible(US $10,900.00)
- Chevrolet : camaro 2 door coupe with t-tops(US $14,999.00)
- 1979 chevy camaro 4 speed manual 4-door sedan(US $6,500.00)
- 2010 chevrolet camaro ss coupe 2-door 6.2l (low miles!!!!!!!)(US $33,000.00)
- 2012 camaro 2lt convertible carbon flash metallic 45th anniversary package(US $26,300.00)
- No reserve, 1967 camaro ss/rs 427, used as show car, only 480 miles on new build(US $65,999.00)
- Camaro z28 1998
- 1998 chevrolet camaro z28 ss convertible 2-door 5.7l
- 2000 ss chevrolet camaro convertible, triple black(US $19,500.00)
- 1989 chevrolet camaro iroc-z coupe 2-door 5.7l(US $6,500.00)
- 2014 chevrolet camaro zl1 convertible 2-door 6.2l(US $58,562.00)
- 2014 chevy chevrolet camaro z/28 z 28 ls7
- 2013 chevy camaro lt rs auto sunroof leather 20's 9k mi texas direct auto(US $24,980.00)
- 1974 camaro with matching numbers and factory ac.(US $18,000.00)
- 1987 chevrolet camaro z28 iroc-z coupe supercharged electric blue ttops
- 2014 chevrolet camaro zl1 coupe 2-door 6.2l(US $58,024.00)
- 1981 chevrolet camaro z28 coupe 2-door 5.7l automatic
- 2002 chevrolet camaro z28 ss coupe 2-door 5.7l(US $14,500.00)
- 2010 chevrolet camaro ss coupe 2-door 6.2l **no reserve**
- Camaro 1le 1ss rare, many aftermarket goodies!(US $39,500.00)
- 1969 camaro pro touring / ride tech / ls3 480 crate / 6spd
- 2013 chevrolet camaro ss coupe 2-door 6.2l(US $32,500.00)
- 2001 chevrolet camaro z28 ss coupe 2-door 5.7l(US $10,000.00)
- Chevrolet camaro zl1 new 2 dr convertible automatic 6.2l v8 sfi ohv 16v blue ray(US $66,470.00)
- Zta firebird trans am upfit* v6*6 speed manual*black w/grey graphics*32000 miles(US $24,995.00)
- 2014 camaro z/28 coupe(US $73,805.00)
Chevrolet Camaro Price Analytics
About Chevrolet Camaro
For most of the past four decades, the Chevrolet Camaro has been the poster car of young (and not so young) speed freaks and boulevardiers alike. You know, the type of folks who value the rumble and thrust of a small-block V8 and sleek styling as much as would-be Hollywood starlets value a photo op.
Starting out in the late 1960s as an answer to Ford's Mustang, the original Chevrolet Camaro could be had in coupe or convertible form and with six-cylinder or V8 power. Forty years and five generations later, the concept really hasn't changed, as the current Chevrolet Camaro also can be had in coupe or convertible form with six-cylinder or V8 power. It even looks similar and carries the classic Camaro qualities of tire-spinning performance and a reasonable price. But this is a thoroughly modern car and, despite some significant practical drawbacks, it makes for a decent everyday driver.
Current Chevrolet Camaro
The Chevrolet Camaro is available as a two-door coupe or convertible and in four trim levels: base LS, midgrade LT, high-performance SS and hyper-performance ZL1.
The Camaro LS and LT pack a 3.6-liter V6 that produces 323 horsepower and 278 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual transmission is standard with the V6, and a six-speed automatic is available.
The Camaro SS is equipped with a powerful 6.2-liter V8 matched to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The manual-gearbox SS cranks out 426 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque, while the automatic version is tuned to "just" 400 hp and 410 lb-ft. The Camaro ZL1 gets a supercharged version of the same engine good for 580 hp and 556 lb-ft of torque. It gets the same transmission options as the other models, while getting a variety of other performance parts like Brembo brakes and adaptive suspension dampers.
On the road any of these Camaros will provide brisk performance, a good ride and respectable handling, while the V8-powered versions should satisfy the most ardent acceleration addicts. However, in day-to-day driving, the poor outward visibility, mediocre cabin trim, cramped backseat and tiny, oddly shaped trunk opening could be deal-breakers. As such, we'd advise potential buyers to also consider the Camaro's equally classic competitors, the Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang.
Used Chevrolet Camaro Models
After a seven-year hiatus, the Camaro returned for 2010. In that first year, the Camaro was offered as a coupe only, and the V6 engine produced 304 hp. The next year saw the convertible's introduction, along with the V6 getting a bump up to 312 horses. It reached its current output for 2012, which also saw the introduction of the ZL1 and a number of noteworthy changes to the cabin. Camaros produced prior to this suffered from an oddly shaped steering wheel and gauges that were hard to read.
Running from 1993-2002, the last Camaro generation continued the age-old tradition of performance and style above all else. Initially just a coupe body style was offered in base and Z28 trims, the former coming with a 3.4-liter V6 (160 hp) and the latter with an LT1 5.7-liter V8 (275 hp). Transmission choices included a five-speed manual (V6), a six-speed manual (V8) and a four-speed automatic.
The following year saw the return of the ragtop, while 1995 brought a 3.8-liter, 200-hp V6 for the base Camaro. For 1996 the Z28 had 285 hp and the SS trim was reincarnated, complete with a 305-hp version of the 5.7-liter V8. A midcycle refresh took place for 1998 with a new front-end look and powerful new LS1 5.7 V8s for the Z28 (305 hp) and SS (320 hp). Apart from minor trim differences and a bump in power for the Z28 in 2001 to 310 hp, the Camaro soldiered through 2002 mostly unchanged. Ironically, that last year also marked the Camaro's 35th birthday, which was celebrated with a 35th-anniversary SS.
Although fast, stylish and affordable, this Chevy Camaro was lacking in terms of refinement, particularly in regards to the interior. The clunky steering wheel design was about as sporty as a taxicab's and there was an abundance of low-grade plastic trim. Furthermore, the seats were rather plain and short on lumbar and lateral support. On the upside were the large gauges, decent cargo capacity and buttoned-down handling (though midcorner bumps could upset the solid rear axle suspended out back).
Consumer feedback is mostly favorable toward Camaros from this era. Praises center on the strong performance (even with the V6) for the money, relatively good fuel economy, mechanical reliability, cargo capacity, handling and styling. Chief complaints concern cheap interior construction, a smallish interior considering the body size and occasionally leaky T-tops.
Auto blogMon, 18 Aug 2014 09:00:00 EST
For the 2015-model-year, Chevrolet introduces Valet Mode for the Corvette, an enhancement to the Performance Data Recorder (PDR) already available and to your peace of mind. The PDR already captures 720p HD video with a windshield-mounted camera, records interior audio with a cabin microphone and gathers telemetry data using GPS, saving the data to an SD card in the glovebox. You can then watch your track-day antics with various information overlays on the center console screen.
Valet Mode will let you hit 'Replay' when your car gets pulled up front smelling vaguely of fricasseed clutch. Turned on by entering a four-digit code, it also locks the interior storage spaces and turns off the infotainment system. It can't be turned off until the code is re-entered. There's a press release below with more information as well as a video that explains how it works, with the obligatory dig at the 'Vette's biggest foe.
Kenneth Feinberg, the man in charge of the General Motors compensation fund dealing with the its widespread ignition switch woes, has issued an informal, two-letter response to the plaintiffs in more than 70 lawsuits seeking redress for lost resale value of their Cobalts: "No." The cases were recently combined into one, but Feinberg told The Detroit News that the fund will deal "only with death and physical injury claims," and that "perceived diminished value" will get no consideration.
ALG, the firm specializing in establishing residual values, determined that Cobalt owners had lost $300 compared to the segment competition and doesn't envision any long-term effects from the recall situation. Feinberg's statement comes in advance of public details on how the compensation fund will work and adheres to GM's long-held position on the matter. The company has already asked a judge to throw out such suits using the pre-bankruptcy defense, even as it stopped using that defense in cases of injury and death.
With plenty of potential gain from the GM suit, however, don't expect the plaintiffs to give up yet. When Toyota was sued for the same reason during the unintended acceleration debacle, it eventually settled the case for between $1 billion and $1.4 billion just to get it over with. Since the 85 law firms involved in the Toyota litigation took home more than $250 million of that total, we shouldn't expect the attorneys to give up on a GM payout, either.
Callaway showed off its first tuned version of the 2014 Corvette Stingray at the National Corvette Museum last week, giving the rampant enthusiasts of America's sports car a look at the roughly 620-horsepower, supercharged rocket.
Unlike the Corvette SC610 we showed you back in January, this Stingray packs a fair bit more oomph. Horsepower is only up ten ponies, but torque has jumped from 556 pound-feet to "at least" 600 pound-feet. Neither horsepower nor torque is official quite yet, although Callaway is expecting to know just what its creation can do once testing and validation is completed later this month.
The 6.2-liter, supercharged V8 now boasts a new, three-element intercooler, which Callaway claims only allowed the inlet air temperature to increase by ten degrees Fahrenheit during dyno runs. Previous designs saw a 35-degree-Fahrenheit jump. The exhaust system has also been fettled with, and now is even less restrictive.
It was 1966 when Chevrolet launched its challenger to the wildly successful Ford Mustang, the Camaro. While the competition between the two brands was already healthy, the arrival of the Camaro set off one of the most intense, model-to-model rivalries in the industry.
That competitive spirit hasn't stopped Chevy and the Camaro from wishing Ford's iconic muscle car a Happy 50th Birthday as the Ford's April 17 anniversary rolls around. These two cars have been linked over the years, and while the rivalry took a break for a few years in the 2000s, today's competition between the Camaro and Mustang is as fierce as it's ever been.
You might recall that this friendliness when it comes to major milestones isn't too rare. Ford put on quite a display for General Motors' hundredth anniversary back in 2008. As the Camaro's fiftieth birthday approaches in 2016, we wouldn't be surprised to see the Mustang sending its best wishes to its Bowtie rival.
Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:00:00 EST
Supercharged, 6.2-liter V8? Check. Seven-speed manual? Check. Obsession with weight? Check.
What did you expect when Chevrolet said it was bringing a new Corvette variant to the 2014 New York Auto Show? Maybe a sticker and trim package, like the C6 Corvette Grand Sport or a tie-in deal like the Black Widow car from Chicago? On the opposite end, maybe there was an even more hardcore Z06 waiting in the wings. Who knew?
It's been a good week for heavy-duty truck buyers. First, Ram revealed the Black Package for its HD trucks, then it rolled out its new Power Wagon, and now Chevy's getting in on the action with its Silverado High Country HD. Okay, so it may not pack quite the attitude of Ram's latest 2500-series offerings, but the High Country HD will come as a welcome addition to the Chevy Trucks range to those looking to pull their horse, boat or other trailer without skimping on creature comforts.
Rolled out a little under a year ago, the High Country trim is Chevy's answer to the likes of the GMC Denali, Ford King Ranch and Ram Longhorn. It has until now only been offered on the light duty, 1500-series Silverado, but now extends to the 2500 and 3500-series HD models, as well.
So what sets a High Country pickup apart from lesser Chevy trucks? You'll be able to pick it out based on its chrome horizontal grille, body-color bumpers, 6-inch tubular side steps, 20-inch chrome wheels (18-inch on the 3500 and 17-inch on the dualie) and, of course, plenty of special badging. But it's inside where the High Country makes its mark, with a cabin decked out in saddle brown perforated leather, seats that are both heated and cooled, eight-inch touchscreen with full MyLink suite, Bose audio and park assist functions front and rear to keep those color-keyed bumpers looking fresh. (Though Chevy hasn't yet showed us the interior of the HD model, it'll presumably look mostly the same as the cab in the 1500 High Country in the gallery below.)
The current wait time for a new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is well, not short. With word of a strike at the Bowling Green, KY factory responsible for seventh-generation sports car, though, that wait time could end up growing substantially.
Now, a strike is still a ways off. UAW Local 2164, which represents the 800 workers responsible for screwing the Corvette together, is set to vote on authorizing a strike today, but even if the employees give the action a go, it's far from a sure thing. According to The Tennessean, both regional and national union officials would need to put their stamp of approval on strike action.
"The membership has to vote to strike, but it's just a step in the process," said Gary Casteel, the UAW's Region 8 director and one of the people that would need to authorize a strike action. Casteel told The Tennessean, "It's purely a local situation, though. They are having some issues with the local management."
If you don't wish to know who won the 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona, you should avert your eyes right now. We'll even give you a double-space to skedaddle...
For those of you still with us, the first race in the United SportsCar Championship (USCC) is done, but the discussions about it certainly won't end for a while. Daytona Prototypes claimed the first four overall places, the top spot taken by the No. 5 Action Express Coyote-Chevrolet Corvette DP driven by Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi, Sebastien Bourdain and Burt Friselle. The 16th and final caution of the race bunched the field up for an eight-minute sprint to the flag, so the first place getter finished just 1.4 seconds ahead of the No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara-Chevrolet Corvette DP driven by Max Angelelli. Third place went to Brian Friselle in the No. 9 Action Express Chevrolet Corvette DP, 20 seconds down. Chevrolet power hasn't taken the overall win since 2003, eleven years later it scores a one-two-three-four. The No. 6 Muscle Milk/Pickett Racing ORECA-Nissan 03 scored fifth place, the top LMP2 finisher.
The Prototype Challenge class win went to the No. 54 CORE Autosport team of Colin Braun, Jon Bennett, Mark Wilkins and James Gue.
Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:30:00 EST
The Z06 is just about everything we got in the last ZR1, but better.
After a bright-yellow false start, here is the real thing: the fourth-generation, 2015 Corvette Z06. If Chevrolet makes a ZR1 version of the C7 Corvette, it's going to be absolutely mega, because the Z06 is just about everything we got in the last ZR1, but better.
The Cadillac Escalade has been at or near the top of most-stolen and insurance-loss lists for more than seven years, until it dropped to number six earlier this year. In 2011 it was fitted with a host of new security features to address its easy-to-override features and that has brought the number of thefts down, but when eight of the ten most stolen rides are large SUVs from General Motors, no one will argue that something else needs to be done.
Thus, GM has fitted this same theft-deterring tech to the 2015 Suburban, Tahoe and Yukon. The Suburban and Tahoe will get the steering lock that the Escalade and Yukon already get, plus bolted-down third-row seats to deter thefts like this, stronger door lock cylinders and shields, and side-cut keys to inhibit picking.
Additional security measures in a Theft Protection Package can be purchased for $395, consisting of sensors on the greenhouse glass and interior, an incline/tilt sensor and added "key control systems" to make it more difficult for the men in black balaclavas to steal what you bought.