1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, 4x4, 4-door, V-6 4.3l Vortec, 20+ Mpg on 2040cars
Hartville, Missouri, United States
I purchased this blazer in 2002 and have maintained it regularly. I would trust it on any long-distance road trip as-is. It is in good drivable condition and gets a decent 21-24 MPG. We bought a van for our family and no longer need this great little SUV.
It is a four door model, so there is quite a bit of room in the back as you can see in the photos. The rear seat can fold down to extend the cargo area. I once put a chest freezer in it and closed the tailgate and glass. It is comfortable for 4 or 5 people to travel in with luggage. The rack on top works well for hauling home plywood from the lumber yard.
It does have some age, so I will be transparent and show the pros and cons so you know up-front what to expect.
- V-6 4.3L Vortec engine starts easily in cold weather and runs reliably
- Power windows, mirrors, & locks
- Cruise control and parking brake work well
- Transmission shifts smoothly
- 4x4, but halfway a manual operation; see below
- Pioneer CD stereo
- Front upholstery is worn but still very usable
- Rear upholstery is in good condition
- Headliner is in decent condition (not sagging on your head)
- Back seat folds down to extend cargo area
- Good spare tire
Could be fixed:
- Front 4-wheel drive vacuum actuator is out (a $50 part from my local auto parts store); I engage it manually during the winter months and switch the transfer case normally with the switch inside when 4-wheel drive is needed; if the actuator was replaced, the 4-wheel drive would be a simple push-button operation like normal
- Front brakes will need replaced soon (new pads are included)
- Starter solenoid does not hit every time, you may have to click it several times before it will crank but it will eventually start; this is a typical problem on the S-10 model
- Driver door handle (outside) is broken but still works; you just need to know how to do it (a $25 part)
- Tailgate/rear glass latch handle is broken (a $65 part)
- Rear glass gas struts do not work, hence the vise-grips in the last photo on the left strut rod to keep it open
- Some rust on the right side; see photos
- A crack in the windshield, but is not a factor; a few small chips
- There are some stains in the carpet in the back
- Both left tires get soft after a couple of weeks
- The battery gets weak and will not crank the engine after sitting for about a week; there is either a parasitic load somewhere or the battery is just going bad; this developed slowly a few months before I quit driving it, so I tend to think it is the latter
- Both front inside door handles are gone
- Odometer no longer functions; the mileage listed is the last known from last summer
I hate to get rid of it as it is a great vehicle, but I no longer need it and hope someone else can get as much good use out of it as I did.
Chevrolet Blazer for Sale
Auto Services in Missouri
New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Antique & Classic Cars
Address: 427 Little Hills Industrial Blvd, Breckenridge-Hills
Phone: (636) 940-9969
New Car Dealers
Address: 1234 S Business Highway 65, Point-Lookout
Phone: (417) 334-4680
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Inspection Stations & Services
Address: 3400 Greenwood Blvd, Saint-Ann
Phone: (314) 644-5554
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Restoration-Antique & Classic
Address: 1777 Iron Street, Gladstone
Phone: (816) 931-5100
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Brake Repair
Address: 103 Seminole St, West-Alton
Phone: (618) 656-4640
Auto Repair & Service, Glass Coating & Tinting, Window Tinting
Address: 4741 Central St. Suite 257, Platte-Woods
Phone: (816) 554-8468
Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:01:00 EST
Not including the women and men who built it, the 2014 Chevrolet SS has only been seen in person by a piddling number of people - fewer humans than would fill the gymnasium at a high school volleyball game. Not including the men and women who built it, no one has driven it. Even so, it is already saddled with two controversies: the way it looks and the way it shifts.
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:14:00 EST
First to that shifting. Did we love the last Americanized Holden, the awesomely sportsome Pontiac G8 GXP, and its six-speed manual? Of course. Do we wish the SS came with a six-speed manual? Of course. But we'd like a toboggan to come with a manual transmission. We'd put a manual transmission on a weasel if we could because we're just wired that way; if it moves, it should come with a stick and a clutch. Or at least the option.
Let's climb down off the ledge, though. We haven't driven the SS and we have no idea how good (or not) the automatic is. And the Hobson's Choice in transmissions when it comes to sport sedans like the BMW M5, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG and Jaguar XFR-S and, oh yeah, cars-that-really-should-have-manuals like the Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R and Porsche 918 and every single Lamborghini and Ferrari, for instance, hasn't stopped us from enjoying what is clearly the gruesome, dual-clutched demise of Western automotive civilization. Because in spite of our ululations at the dying of the six-speed light, we understand.
Despite the fact that the 2013 Chevy Sonic is a fun, plucky little thing - especially in ever-so-slightly hotter RS guise - it is not, in fact, a skateboard. But don't tell that to rapper Theophilus London.
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:29:00 EST
In General Motors' latest spot for the Chevrolet compact, London needs to make a quick run to the store for some milk. And even though, once again, the Sonic is not a skateboard, it ollies, pops and gets air because, you know, it's just so much fun to throw around.
If this video looks familiar to you, it's because this is the full ad that we first got a preview of in Chevy's longer, full-line spot, where the brand's "Find New Roads" tagline was introduced. Scroll down to see this dedicated Sonic spot, along with the older ad, and remember, the Sonic is still - still - not a skateboard.
There's not much to see here, but if you're one of those waiting for the reveal of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, above is the teaser image that Chevrolet posted on its Facebook page. We've seen the truck in form-fitting camo before, and even less can be made out here beyond those seriously punchy Silverado-esque fenders and the knowledge that the projector-beam headlamps teased previously do indeed work. We'll have to wait until Thursday for a full perusal of the "bold exterior design" and "careful attention given to every detail" we've been promised.
Gathering intel and rumors, magnesium and aluminum contribute to the Silverado's weight loss plan, the purported "High Country" top-tier trim will contribute to luxury pickup truck competition and profit margins and the next-generation small-block V8 will contribute to improved fuel economy. On the engine note, there have been rumors of available V6 engines, and when Facebook user John Jones asked "Where's your answer to that EcoBoost Chevy?", the Bowtie replied "stay tuned on the 13th. We think you'll be pleased...".
Along with the "Raise the Bar" tag, Chevrolet says of the Silverado, "You asked, we delivered." You can watch the reveal live on Chevrolet's Facebook page at 9:30 am EST, this Thursday, December 13. The GMC Sierra 1500 will also be there, and we'll see both in person at the Detroit Auto Show in January.