1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, 4x4, 4-door, V-6 4.3l Vortec, 20+ Mpg on 2040cars
Hartville, Missouri, United States
I purchased this blazer in 2002 and have maintained it regularly. I would trust it on any long-distance road trip as-is. It is in good drivable condition and gets a decent 21-24 MPG. We bought a van for our family and no longer need this great little SUV.
It is a four door model, so there is quite a bit of room in the back as you can see in the photos. The rear seat can fold down to extend the cargo area. I once put a chest freezer in it and closed the tailgate and glass. It is comfortable for 4 or 5 people to travel in with luggage. The rack on top works well for hauling home plywood from the lumber yard.
It does have some age, so I will be transparent and show the pros and cons so you know up-front what to expect.
- V-6 4.3L Vortec engine starts easily in cold weather and runs reliably
- Power windows, mirrors, & locks
- Cruise control and parking brake work well
- Transmission shifts smoothly
- 4x4, but halfway a manual operation; see below
- Pioneer CD stereo
- Front upholstery is worn but still very usable
- Rear upholstery is in good condition
- Headliner is in decent condition (not sagging on your head)
- Back seat folds down to extend cargo area
- Good spare tire
Could be fixed:
- Front 4-wheel drive vacuum actuator is out (a $50 part from my local auto parts store); I engage it manually during the winter months and switch the transfer case normally with the switch inside when 4-wheel drive is needed; if the actuator was replaced, the 4-wheel drive would be a simple push-button operation like normal
- Front brakes will need replaced soon (new pads are included)
- Starter solenoid does not hit every time, you may have to click it several times before it will crank but it will eventually start; this is a typical problem on the S-10 model
- Driver door handle (outside) is broken but still works; you just need to know how to do it (a $25 part)
- Tailgate/rear glass latch handle is broken (a $65 part)
- Rear glass gas struts do not work, hence the vise-grips in the last photo on the left strut rod to keep it open
- Some rust on the right side; see photos
- A crack in the windshield, but is not a factor; a few small chips
- There are some stains in the carpet in the back
- Both left tires get soft after a couple of weeks
- The battery gets weak and will not crank the engine after sitting for about a week; there is either a parasitic load somewhere or the battery is just going bad; this developed slowly a few months before I quit driving it, so I tend to think it is the latter
- Both front inside door handles are gone
- Odometer no longer functions; the mileage listed is the last known from last summer
I hate to get rid of it as it is a great vehicle, but I no longer need it and hope someone else can get as much good use out of it as I did.
Chevrolet Blazer for Sale
Auto Services in Missouri
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1845 Black Ln, Lemay
Phone: (618) 398-7026
Auto Repair & Service, Alternators & Generators-Automotive Repairing, Emission Repair-Automobile & Truck
Address: 911 S Belt W, Lemay
Phone: (618) 277-5881
Auto Repair & Service, Truck Service & Repair
Address: 1205 S 2nd St, Clinton
Phone: (660) 885-8158
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Performance, Racing & Sports Car Equipment, Automobile Racing & Sports Cars
Address: 11566 Saint Charles Rock Rd, Overland
Phone: (314) 291-5858
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Brake Repair
Address: 7448 W Florissant Ave, Ferguson
Phone: (314) 381-4009
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1830 W Division St, Willard
Phone: (417) 866-2265
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:27:00 EST
General Motors has announced a recall of 118,800 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks due to the possibility of secondary hood latches not being installed at the time of manufacture. The affected vehicles are from the 2010, 2011 and 2012 model years, all of which were built between November 9, 2009 and August 28, 2012.
Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:57:00 EST
According to the official National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, these trucks fail to "comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 113, 'Hood Latch System.' The hood may be missing the secondary hood latch." In other words, owners of these trucks could find their vehicles' hoods opening unexpectedly while driving.
The official recall campaign is expected to begin on January 17, 2013. Dealers will inspect the affected pickups and if a secondary hood latch is not present, one will be installed free of charge. Scroll down to read the official NHTSA report.
Just looking at the new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, it's not hard to see that the car's design was created with aerodynamics at the forefront, but Chevrolet designers point out exactly what went into designing the iconic coupe in a pair of recently released videos. The videos show the Corvette going through early design phases, including clay models and wind tunnel tests, as well as talking to the car's chief engineer, Tadge Juechter.
Fri, 31 May 2013 11:00:00 EST
Both videos help explain various aspects of the C7 Corvette, but it's the aero tuning of the car that is most interesting. This includes extra attention paid to the lower air dam and vented hood to help reduce drag and lift, while the rear quarter inlets are for differential and transmission cooling. Juechter said that some of these aero-tuned elements were inspired from GM's involvement in racing.
If you have about five minutes and you can't get enough information about the new 'Vette, then check out the videos posted below.
The 2014 Chevrolet Malibu, having stared at the Impala across the showroom floor for a year, gets nips and tucks all over inspired by its larger brother. The 2.5-liter four-cylinder in the base car will get a stop-start system and 23 city miles per gallon, 35 highway, each number representing a one-mpg improvement over the 2013 car. Output is 196 horsepower and 186 pound-feet of torque.
Opt for the 2.0-liter turbo and, while power holds steady at 259 hp, torque goes up by 14 percent to a striking 295 lb-ft (a figure Chevy calls best in the class). The final details include newly programmed transmission shift points and faster shifts, for better engaging and enjoying the added power.
Looks-wise, the grille's been reshaped to be more in line with the new Chevrolet look, a narrower upper grille hovering over a larger lower grille.