1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, 4x4, 4-door, V-6 4.3l Vortec, 20+ Mpg on 2040cars
Hartville, Missouri, United States
I purchased this blazer in 2002 and have maintained it regularly. I would trust it on any long-distance road trip as-is. It is in good drivable condition and gets a decent 21-24 MPG. We bought a van for our family and no longer need this great little SUV.
It is a four door model, so there is quite a bit of room in the back as you can see in the photos. The rear seat can fold down to extend the cargo area. I once put a chest freezer in it and closed the tailgate and glass. It is comfortable for 4 or 5 people to travel in with luggage. The rack on top works well for hauling home plywood from the lumber yard.
It does have some age, so I will be transparent and show the pros and cons so you know up-front what to expect.
- V-6 4.3L Vortec engine starts easily in cold weather and runs reliably
- Power windows, mirrors, & locks
- Cruise control and parking brake work well
- Transmission shifts smoothly
- 4x4, but halfway a manual operation; see below
- Pioneer CD stereo
- Front upholstery is worn but still very usable
- Rear upholstery is in good condition
- Headliner is in decent condition (not sagging on your head)
- Back seat folds down to extend cargo area
- Good spare tire
Could be fixed:
- Front 4-wheel drive vacuum actuator is out (a $50 part from my local auto parts store); I engage it manually during the winter months and switch the transfer case normally with the switch inside when 4-wheel drive is needed; if the actuator was replaced, the 4-wheel drive would be a simple push-button operation like normal
- Front brakes will need replaced soon (new pads are included)
- Starter solenoid does not hit every time, you may have to click it several times before it will crank but it will eventually start; this is a typical problem on the S-10 model
- Driver door handle (outside) is broken but still works; you just need to know how to do it (a $25 part)
- Tailgate/rear glass latch handle is broken (a $65 part)
- Rear glass gas struts do not work, hence the vise-grips in the last photo on the left strut rod to keep it open
- Some rust on the right side; see photos
- A crack in the windshield, but is not a factor; a few small chips
- There are some stains in the carpet in the back
- Both left tires get soft after a couple of weeks
- The battery gets weak and will not crank the engine after sitting for about a week; there is either a parasitic load somewhere or the battery is just going bad; this developed slowly a few months before I quit driving it, so I tend to think it is the latter
- Both front inside door handles are gone
- Odometer no longer functions; the mileage listed is the last known from last summer
I hate to get rid of it as it is a great vehicle, but I no longer need it and hope someone else can get as much good use out of it as I did.
Chevrolet Blazer for Sale
Auto Services in Missouri
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1845 Black Ln, Lemay
Phone: (618) 398-7026
Auto Repair & Service, Alternators & Generators-Automotive Repairing, Emission Repair-Automobile & Truck
Address: 911 S Belt W, Lemay
Phone: (618) 277-5881
Auto Repair & Service, Truck Service & Repair
Address: 1205 S 2nd St, Clinton
Phone: (660) 885-8158
Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Performance, Racing & Sports Car Equipment, Automobile Racing & Sports Cars
Address: 11566 Saint Charles Rock Rd, Overland
Phone: (314) 291-5858
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Brake Repair
Address: 7448 W Florissant Ave, Ferguson
Phone: (314) 381-4009
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 1830 W Division St, Willard
Phone: (417) 866-2265
Thu, 07 Mar 2013 18:28:00 EST
Chevrolet is following up the 2012 COPO Camaro with another limited run of the drag-strip-ready production car for 2013. Ditching the superchargers, the 2013 COPO Camaro can only be equipped with one of three naturally aspirated V8 engines, and other new features include the option of a manual transmission, new front springs, some minor styling changes and a lower starting price of $86,000. All cars are designed to abide by the rules of the NHRA's Stock Eliminator or Super Stock classifications, depending on in which series buyers wish to enter their Chevrolet Camaro.
Thu, 02 May 2013 19:59:00 EST
Returning for 2013 is the 427-cubic-inch V8 producing 425 horsepower, but the new engines include a 325-hp 350-CID V8 and a 375-hp 396-CID V8. Buyers can select to purchase all three engines, and each will be matched with the sequence number of that car; the track-only COPO cars will not have vehicle identification numbers and can't be registered for street use.
Chevrolet is also offering unique enthusiast-specific options such as a COPO Build Book and the opportunity for owners to help assemble their car's engine at the Chevrolet Performance Build Center in Wixom, MI.
With Mother's Day coming up, we're always looking for new gift ideas to celebrate the occasion, but hot laps around a track might not be the best suggestion for Darius Khashabi. In a video posted on YouTube, Khashabi straps his mom into the passenger seat of his C6 Corvette Z06 for some laps around Sonoma Raceway (formerly Infineon Raceway) at "60 percent" with comical results.
Fri, 02 May 2014 14:16:00 EST
Now this isn't the first time Mama Khashabi has gotten seat time in her son's car around a track, as his YouTube page shows him pulling a similar stunt - with similar results - around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca last year. Scroll down for the video, but know that the action really gets going at around the 1:40 mark.
Callaway showed off its first tuned version of the 2014 Corvette Stingray at the National Corvette Museum last week, giving the rampant enthusiasts of America's sports car a look at the roughly 620-horsepower, supercharged rocket.
Unlike the Corvette SC610 we showed you back in January, this Stingray packs a fair bit more oomph. Horsepower is only up ten ponies, but torque has jumped from 556 pound-feet to "at least" 600 pound-feet. Neither horsepower nor torque is official quite yet, although Callaway is expecting to know just what its creation can do once testing and validation is completed later this month.
The 6.2-liter, supercharged V8 now boasts a new, three-element intercooler, which Callaway claims only allowed the inlet air temperature to increase by ten degrees Fahrenheit during dyno runs. Previous designs saw a 35-degree-Fahrenheit jump. The exhaust system has also been fettled with, and now is even less restrictive.