1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, 4x4, 4-door, V-6 4.3l Vortec, 20+ Mpg on 2040cars
Hartville, Missouri, United States
I purchased this blazer in 2002 and have maintained it regularly. I would trust it on any long-distance road trip as-is. It is in good drivable condition and gets a decent 21-24 MPG. We bought a van for our family and no longer need this great little SUV.
It is a four door model, so there is quite a bit of room in the back as you can see in the photos. The rear seat can fold down to extend the cargo area. I once put a chest freezer in it and closed the tailgate and glass. It is comfortable for 4 or 5 people to travel in with luggage. The rack on top works well for hauling home plywood from the lumber yard.
It does have some age, so I will be transparent and show the pros and cons so you know up-front what to expect.
- V-6 4.3L Vortec engine starts easily in cold weather and runs reliably
- Power windows, mirrors, & locks
- Cruise control and parking brake work well
- Transmission shifts smoothly
- 4x4, but halfway a manual operation; see below
- Pioneer CD stereo
- Front upholstery is worn but still very usable
- Rear upholstery is in good condition
- Headliner is in decent condition (not sagging on your head)
- Back seat folds down to extend cargo area
- Good spare tire
Could be fixed:
- Front 4-wheel drive vacuum actuator is out (a $50 part from my local auto parts store); I engage it manually during the winter months and switch the transfer case normally with the switch inside when 4-wheel drive is needed; if the actuator was replaced, the 4-wheel drive would be a simple push-button operation like normal
- Front brakes will need replaced soon (new pads are included)
- Starter solenoid does not hit every time, you may have to click it several times before it will crank but it will eventually start; this is a typical problem on the S-10 model
- Driver door handle (outside) is broken but still works; you just need to know how to do it (a $25 part)
- Tailgate/rear glass latch handle is broken (a $65 part)
- Rear glass gas struts do not work, hence the vise-grips in the last photo on the left strut rod to keep it open
- Some rust on the right side; see photos
- A crack in the windshield, but is not a factor; a few small chips
- There are some stains in the carpet in the back
- Both left tires get soft after a couple of weeks
- The battery gets weak and will not crank the engine after sitting for about a week; there is either a parasitic load somewhere or the battery is just going bad; this developed slowly a few months before I quit driving it, so I tend to think it is the latter
- Both front inside door handles are gone
- Odometer no longer functions; the mileage listed is the last known from last summer
I hate to get rid of it as it is a great vehicle, but I no longer need it and hope someone else can get as much good use out of it as I did.
Chevrolet Blazer for Sale
Auto Services in Missouri
Auto Repair & Service, Furnaces-Heating, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems
Address: 1947 McCausland Ave, Saint-Louis
Phone: (314) 781-6811
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Parts & Supplies
Address: 2729 W Republic Rd, Battlefield
Phone: (417) 889-2886
Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Tire Dealers
Address: 714 Delaware St 22, Lake-Waukomis
Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Body Parts
Address: 2458 Lorraine Dr, Jennings
Phone: (618) 337-8688
Auto Repair & Service, Used Car Dealers
Address: 7770 N Lindbergh Blvd, West-Alton
Phone: (314) 839-3398
Auto Repair & Service
Address: 6078 Lemay Ferry Rd, Cedar-Hill
Phone: (314) 892-1071
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:00:00 EST
The official debut of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is only part of the excitement for fans of Chevy's virtuoso sportscar. Although we got to see the car and some of its preliminary specs in Detroit and Geneva, there is still no word on pricing and some of the juicier data points we've been waiting for - such as confirmed power output, EPA estimated mileage figures and performance numbers. Until then, CorvetteBlogger has gotten its hands on the order guide for the coupe version of the car - in both base and Z51 iterations - revealing tidbits like standard and optional features and available color combinations.
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:57:00 EST
Some other new details made it onto the order guide, such as our first interior specs for the coupe including slightly less hip room and headroom, more shoulder room and the same amount of legroom. To see the full order guide, head on over to CorvetteBlogger. From what we can gather, it sounds like more information will be revealed on April 25 during a party at the Corvette Museum, and for those sun worshipers patiently waiting for a convertible, it would appear you've got another model year to wait through.
Full Disclosure: in my younger days, I loved nothing more than tormenting passengers with my behind-the-wheel hijinks. Once, after a particularly artful handbrake turn on a two-lane at around 50 miles per hour, I left one backseat occupant crying in their own lap. This isn't necessarily something to be proud of, but it gives you a glimpse into why it is that I find this ad from Pepsi so damn disappointing. The premise is beautiful. Take NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon, give him a disguise and set him loose upon some unsuspecting used car dealer. Hilarity ensues.
Mon, 01 Oct 2012 09:31:00 EST
Except that this Pepsi Max commercial is so obviously staged, it can't help but feel like some ham-fisted marketing fail. From the strategically placed aftermarket cupholder mounted mid-dash for the hidden camera to the fact that the supposed dealer Camaro is displayed as a 2009 model (Hint: Chevrolet didn't make any), this clip is about as organic as a Twinkie. Still, we would never turn down a chance to watch Gordon thrash on a rental-spec coupe - only problem is, he probably didn't even do the driving himself. Check it out below.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued a recall for a number of General Motors cars and crossovers bought or currently registered in the hot-climate states of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma and Texas. As many as 40,859 units consisting of the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox, Pontiac Torrent and Saturn Ion and the 2007-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt (shown) and its Pontiac G5 twin are being recalled for potential fuel leaks.
This recall is being issued due to potentially faulty fuel pump components that can crack and cause gasoline to leak from the return or supply ports and possibly cause a fire. NHTSA has not indicated how many fuel leaks or vehicle fires have been reported. As a fix, GM will replace the fuel pump modules on all affected vehicles free of charge. Since Pontiac and Saturn have been shuttered, owners will be able to go to another GM-brand dealership to have their vehicles repaired.
While the list of affected cars and crossovers varies by state and model year, if you own any of these models and live in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Oklahoma or Texas, be sure to check the official notice below for more details.